rear end ready for the welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
    Joe, if I keep talking to you, I will be living out of my car, because that will be all that I can afford to own!

I think my driveshaft IS aluminum. Does that make it the 1LE piece? If so, will that take a little more punishment than the standard shaft?
    LOL! There was a TSB back then due to a inherant problem with the steel driveshafts causing vibration. The stock steel driveshaft would be replaced with the aluminum 1LE shaft under warranty if the vehicle owner complained. Many cars (including mine ) got the 1LE shaft. Usually the part ID sticker was left on the driveshaft so check to see if it's there. Most likely it is the 1LE. As far as it taking more abuse, well...... not really. While it will probably stay in place with a 120 mph trap speed, I wouldn't test it's strength by dropping the clutch at 5K rpms with slicks.

Comment

Must be looking in the wrong places.

Where can you get a Strange animal like that?
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Joe, if I keep talking to you, I will be living out of my car, because that will be all that I can afford to own!

I think my driveshaft IS aluminum. Does that make it the 1LE piece? If so, will that take a little more punishment than the standard shaft?
        Take a magnet and touch it to your DS. If the magnet sticks it is steel, if the magnet does not stick it is aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
          Must be looking in the wrong places.

Where can you get a Strange animal like that?
          How's it going Rene. Just go to http://www.strangeengineering.net/ or call them @ 847-663-1701.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            How's it going Rene. Just go to http://www.strangeengineering.net/ or call them @ 847-663-1701.

Thanks Kevin

I'm doing ok. Can't wait to get back home to get the hood fixed and painted. Seems like you still got a lot going with your T/A or is it a Camaro now?

Rene
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks Joe and Fast TA - I may look into that aftermarket piece for 200 bucks. I will first probably get a safety loop and dump the clutch at 5000 rpm and see what what happens. Then I HAVE to upgrade right?

96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I will first probably get a safety loop and dump the clutch at 5000 rpm and see what what happens. Then I HAVE to upgrade right?
                I live by that motto!

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                  Seems like you still got a lot going with your T/A or is it a Camaro now?

Rene
                  Looks like I am going to keep both. I am going to put my solid roller 383 in the Camaro now instead of the T/A. I am thinking of making the T/A a mean street machine now.

My family thinks I am absolutely insane for spending the money on this Camaro and getting another racecar, but for those of you who have read that thread and saw the pics, I just couldn't pass it up!

I still may consider selling the T/A w/o motor or tranny for a project car for very cheap. I still have the full interior for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X