Anyone have XM radio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could use a "RAM Mount" http://www.rammount.com/
    I mounted my ham radio and radar detector on one. http://www.claire-marie.net/103_0375.JPG .
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
      XM just recently went back to commercial free on all music stations due to the complaints from listeners. They will NOT return to commercials on music stations any time soon.
      it's just a matter of time before they bring the commercials back.....the stations don't make near as much money from listener subscriptions as they do from commercial advertisers.....the commercials will be back

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
      CAGS Eliminator

Comment

10 bucks a month times 1.2 million subscribers is 12 million dollars a month. I think they'll be alright. Besides, that's only the music channels, all the news and talk radio stations still have commercials. I don't think they'll be back.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          10 bucks a month times 1.2 million subscribers is 12 million dollars a month. I think they'll be alright. Besides, that's only the music channels, all the news and talk radio stations still have commercials. I don't think they'll be back.
          yeah, but you gotta also figure, how many stations are there? that $12 million/month has to not only be split up between ALL the stations (music, news, talk, etc.), but a hefty portion of it also goes to keeping the infrastructure up and running....the stations themselves make a whole lot less than you think.

not only that, but if they can find any way to get your subscription dollars AND rake in advertising dollars at the same time, don't you think they will do it? after all, they are in the business to make money...

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

for instance, i just looked at the XM Radio channel listing Here, and there are 123 radio stations on XM.

if you take that $12 million/mth and divide it by 123, that equals $97561/mth. just making a rough estimate, i'd say about half of that goes to infrastructure/licensing/etc., so each station only makes approximately $48780/mth. then they still have to pay royalties/staff salaries/electric bills/other operating expenses, and that amount dwindles down pretty quickly.

like i said, the advertisers will be back, it's just a matter of time...especially as they keep adding more & more radio stations....

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

all the above aside, it's still pretty cool cause you don't have songs being censored, cause it's a pay service rather than a free, OTA service.

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

I dont want to have thing ornamenting off of my dash board either...maybe i'll just wait until they have a good CD/MP3/XM indash receiver...

mmm or get a DVD indash where I can hook up the satellite receiver...that sounds nice..
                -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

they have tons of in-dash receivers that are XM-capable.

Look Here

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Hey guys - I have XM radio installed in my T/A - absolutely love it. It is one of those things you don't know you need until you have it. I think the installation looks nice - and the antenna is small. I would prefer a new head unit but am more interested in go faster parts right now!

Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
                    X