This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Performin Norman
    I'm just laying low because I am an old fart that drive's a Vette.
    nah, bro, you've got a garage full of credentials!

Comment

im a young punk who drives an f body and cant afford a vette, i dont really want a vette (or want my rents to buy me one and look even more spoiled). some people just cant take a joke
      p.s. i just farted

p.s.s AND burped

Comment

Thanks for pointing out it was a joke.... I got that part. My objection still stands.... "age" had nothing to do with the topic of the post. The choice of words display a prejudice and a serious lack of sensitivity to the feelings of others.... what if the topic said "Vette owners are (n-word)".... or "Vett owners are faggots".... or "Vette owners are whatever"..... it would have been removed from the board in a matter of seconds, even if it was "a joke", because it displays a prejudice and intolerance that is not acceptable to the majority of the thinking people in this world. But apparently "old fart" is OK to many of the people here.... and now I know who they are.

Funny.... I saw a very similar lack of driving skill a couple of years ago at one of the GM High Tech Performance magazine "EFI shootouts" at Englishtown. Knowledgeable drag racers - young and old - were laying down 10 to 14-second passes in their low $$$ F-Bodies, Impala SS's, GN/GNX's (well they were running 9's), etc. E'town also has an Auto-X course, and apparently the Porsche club who was having an event on the Auto-X course was entitled to 3 passes on the drag strip, so they would interupt the EFI shootout, the Porsches (and a few NSX's and other high $$$ cars) would pair up and make their 1/4-mile passes..... and there were $100K Porsche Turbo's and $90K NSX's making 15-second passes.... only one of them ran a 12, and that was a highly modified 916 that was not about to make many more 12-second passes because the smell of clutch was overwhelming..... Point is, the cars were not slow... but the drivers probably 1) did not know how to drag race, since they were Auto-X drivers and 2) they were not reall thrilled about doing a 5K dump and toasting a $5K clutch...... Or maybe they were 3) just a bunch of rich old farts. Would have been interesting to see how the average F-Body did on the Auto-X course against the Porshes.

So.... its your right to accept the derogatory comments... and its my right to object them. No, I won't "lighten up".....
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred, I have apologized twice. That is all I am going to do.

I call my old man an old fart and a geezer. It doesn't offend him. By the time I can afford a Vette, I will be an old fart. My reaction time will have slowed. If you and I were in dead equal cars, you would probably win 9/10 times. That's b/c you are a dedicated motorhead. Not just a weekend warrior like myself. I respect your opinion b/c you do know alot. I'm probably one of the least prejiduced (heck, I don't even know how to spell it) people that you know. And that goes for all ways of discriminating (color, age, sex, etc). I didn't create the stereotype that Vette owners are older affluent white males. I can't help that people think only rednecks drive F-body's.

Am I white trash b/c I drive a TA? No.
          Do I think you are a lesser being b/c you are older than me? No.

I can't tell you how many times that my own friends and co-workers have looked down on me b/c of the car I drive. My car sticks out like a sore thumb at work compared to the BMWs, Lexus, Benzs, Vettes and etc that they drive. I'm not ashamed of who I am and I don't give a dam if people want to stereotype me.

If you want to hold a grudge forever then fine. I hate losing your respect but you have to give respect to get it.

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Well, once again we learn the lesson that communication in print is sometimes difficult to read between the lines as to whether it is an attempt at comedy or something else. That being said, this thread should now be done and I leave you something to ponder:

The only thing that makes me curious is the difference between an old fart and a fresh one. Is it the amount of odor or moisture content that affects the scale?

Comment

im opening this thread to say one thing...........

who wants a piece of.............

this old fart??????????

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

OK, Tiny.......

Comment

Working...
                X