No announcement yet.

top fuel acceleration curve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol wouldn't that be sweeeeet!!! $275,000 car vs. $7,000 car.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      How would you like to be lined up next to that Lambo in your f-bod and pull a high 12 and wax him. Talk about an ego boost!
      When that Diablo came out it was reported to have a 3.6 0-60 - now that's booking. My F-bod isn't that fast, but it sounds like the one in the test wasn't either. BTW, an acquaintance of mine with deep pockets rented one of those and also a Viper, and he wasn't that thrilled with the Diablo... Go figure

Comment

I thought you guys might find this interesting as well....this graph has the curves of various different vehicles...from rice to a bike to muscle. Again, some of the times are horrible, but here is the chart:

For those who don't want to download the big file, here's some quick reference notes:
        The brown/copper curve is an HKS Nissan 180SX. It's supposedly got a 1100 hp, 759 ft-lb 2.8 liter engine. Turbo of course. No mention on weight, but I'm guessing 2300-2500 lbs.

The green curve is a Pikes Peak Toyota Tacoma. It's got AWD and about 850 hp. The tested truck had a high downforce package.

The dark blue curve is a Honda CRX that's got 720 hp and supposedly a stock 1991 Integra transaxle...Since it's FWD, they had to lower the front slicks to 5.5 psi!

Next in pink is a Kawasaki ZX-12R from the factory. They claim that most people can't get this thing under 11s, but the driver was an expert and pretty much maxed the thing out.

The light blue curve is a Hennessey Venom 650R with 650 hp, 650 tq. The owner said the times were horrible, as he previously ran a 10.47. It also has MT ET street slicks 26 x 10 - 16.

Next in red is a Gemballa Porsche 911 Turbo. It's got 490 hp, 458 tq.

Obviously the maroon curve is the Diablo again, just like the previous chart.

In purple is a Saleen Mudstain, ooops, i mean Mustang S281 with MT slicks. 350 hp, 410 tq. It ran a 13.2@106 without the slicks.

Last but not least is a Guldstrand C5. Pathetic ET and mph for a modded C5. He claims 420 hp, 410 tq. He averaged 13.08 to 12.99 for several runs. It's also an automatic. His mods are: lightly ported and polished cylinder heads, a slightly better cam, Guldstrand headers, (stock cats), and a TTS muffler & tailpipe system.
        Hey Jay, when you were bone stock, you would have been dead even with this modded LS1 C5
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X