Got Spanked...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Spanked...

While cruising the highway last night i had a mid 90's Supra TT pulling up beside me and from my mirrors i saw that it had a HUGE front mount intercooler. When he got next to me he started revving his engine and making his turbo blow off. Upon a closer look i saw that that he had exhaust and what appeared to be 19" gunmetal rims. I mean this was one of the sickest looking and sounding cars i had ever seen in person. I looked down at my gauges and saw i was doing 75 mph. I decided what the heck and dropped third and took off.... within a sec or two WHOOOSH he flew by me like i was standing still. Keep in mind i was still going all out at this time. After about 5 secs he was about 6 car lengths ahead of me and still leaving me at an incredible rate of speed. This happened about 2 or 3 more times before i was extremely humbled and wanted no more lol. That is one car i will never forget.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

wow i never seen a supra on the road like that before

Comment

The only other mods that i could see were some A-pillar gauges. But this was by far the fastest car i have ever seen in person.
      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

LOL... free lesson... do not mess with Supras on the highway.

The 2JZ makes insane amounts of power up top. Have you ever seen a dyno graph for one? lol, they are hilarious.

The torque curve honestly shoots up exponentially.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

It's those turbos!! I never race any car with power adders they will spank you!
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the kind of stuff you are going up against when you tango with a modded Supra on the highway...

Supras pretty much own the highway.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

It's not hard to get a TT supra to well over 400, even 500 hp. I've seen some with a lot more than that even, but then you're getting into big money because things tend to break when you're putting out that kind of power.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The only thing is that I dropped BEFORE this guy and as soon as he did he was gone! It was almost like we were stopped and he launched but i was still sitting there. I am starting to think he may have had No2. But if not.... wow.... wow.
                1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
                  The only thing is that I dropped BEFORE this guy and as soon as he did he was gone! It was almost like we were stopped and he launched but i was still sitting there. I am starting to think he may have had No2. But if not.... wow.... wow.
                  Did you see those graphs? He was likely putting out that much power. All he had to do was downshift and he was gone -- no stock f-body is going to stand a chance against a modded Supra from a roll -- the car is that strong. He might have had nitrous, he might not have. But it you still bit off more than you could chew Crazy, huh?

Like you said... wow.

Comment

It times like those that make me wish i carried a video camera on me at all times lol.
                    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Well I must say though no matter what he had done to his car that is one import I give extreme respect. Prolly the only import i would buy as far as performance stadings goes.
                      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

An MKIV Supra TT would be welcome in my garage any time.

I hope you aren't really serious about that being the ONLY import you give respect to...

Comment

Hehe not at all. I just gave that one EXTREME respect lol. I actually am a big fan of most imports. I just don't like the whole "ricer" scene. I love many imports such as the new WRX STi, Rx-7, Rx-8, 3000GT Vr4, Eclipse Gs-x, S2000, Supra(of course lol), and many others.
                          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

I just don't like the 17 year old kid who pulls up next to me in a 4-door civic with exhaust, intake, a spoiler (to help reduce the traction on the front wheel drive), and those annoying hood led lights and revs his engine like I would even think about wasting my time spanking him. I was just saying that MOST of the imports that i see aren't fast at all. That is why i had to give that car extreme respect. The guy who owned was all go and not show like the tons of wannabes out there.
                            1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

That's the problem with ricers. Too many of them are all show and no go. I also have respect for some of the import cars but I'd much rather go fast than try and look all pretty. That's my $0.02.
                              1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
                              Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
                              Trans: TH700R4
                              Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
                              X