No announcement yet.

Got Spanked...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I still had my Toyota Celica. You guys wouldn't be laughing so hard right now.

Comment

Celica? What Year?

Can U Post Some Of The Specs? Eng. Mods...

Thanks
      -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

That car was BD..... before digital. I would have to dig up some old photos and get them scanned. It's was fast though. Blow the doors off many unsuspecting V8 owners.

Comment

OK - I need a refresher - how can you tell the difference between a Supra and a Turbo Supra - there was a non-turbo Supra in the last model wasn't there? Its been a while but I think there was - about 220 HP or so - and very little to distinguish it from the all-powerful brother - like the Z28 vs V6 Camaro. Supra Turbos absolutely rock - I still remember how bummed I was when it took out the Corvette in a comparison back in the early 90s.

I tackled a G35 coupe this weekend- I think those things are absolutely beautiful - it was all black - 18s - Brembo brakes with the gold painted calipers. I think he was a little surprised with how easy I pulled away - ran it twice - got an 80 mile per hour drive by - but he was giving me a thumbs up.
          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

There aren't many visual queues to distinguish the TT Supra from the N/A. I believe the N/A car had 17 inch wheels, whereas the TT had 18 -- or they may be 16 and 17, but regardless, the TT was one inch larger. There was no external badging difference.

A lot of you guys aren't giving the Supra the respect it deserves. It is not the best quarter mile car. Its lack of low-end torque and IRS hamper its ability to come out of the gate... BUT from a roll it is deadly.

Have you ever noticed how disproportionately high their trap speeds seem for their ETs? They will run 11s at speeds that an f-body would be able to run 10s with. You put a ten second f-body next to an 11 second Supra, and I almost guarantee the Supra wins from a highway roll.

Also, obviously a 600 HP Supra wouldn't do much in 900 HP f-bodyland, but there are several Supras that are running 900 to over a 1000 horsepoweer and being daily driven as well. The 2JZGTE handles insane amounts of boost (yes, it is an inline 6 to whoever was asking earlier...). Think what happens when you get that 900 or 1000 HP winding up over 7500 RPMs in each gear -- pulling harder, longer.

Since comparing modded cars is like apples to oranges, I'll reduce this whole post to a general rule of thumb... if the f-body and Supra have equal drivers, and equal power outputs, the f-body will win the quarter mile, and the Supra will win from a roll.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

One thing for sure, the engineers at Toyota got the 2JZGTE right. That motor loves boost!

Comment

Now your gonna have to give your engine a little forced air. Go for it its worth it. Later man watch out for those supras.

Comment

Agree

Yeah, I would have to agree about the "stand still" and "from a roll speeds" for the Supra TT. I was at the drag strip last fall, and a 93' TT Supra was running the 1/8 mile at a consistent 9.2, and he was dropping the clutch. My 97' Formula which only has a FIPK 2 K&N intake was running consistent 9.05 from a 1500 rpm take-off..(auto)... Also, my formula is up for sale if anybody is interested.

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                  Previous Vehicles:
                  99' M6 Z28
                  98' M6 TA
                  97' Formula
                  96' RS Camaro
                  93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Agree

Doubled posted for some reason.... disregard.... sorry

Previous Vehicles:
                    99' M6 Z28
                    98' M6 TA
                    97' Formula
                    96' RS Camaro
                    93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Re: Agree

Originally posted by jspeed97
                      Yeah, I would have to agree about the "stand still" and "from a roll speeds" for the Supra TT. I was at the drag strip last fall, and a 93' TT Supra was running the 1/8 mile at a consistent 9.2, and he was dropping the clutch. My 97' Formula which only has a FIPK 2 K&N intake was running consistent 9.05 from a 1500 rpm take-off..(auto)... Also, my formula is up for sale if anybody is interested.
                      Do you mean the 1/4 mile? 1/8 mile at 9.2 seconds is really slow
                      2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
                      6sp Hurst Shifter
                      White w/T-tops

Stock...for now (Until warranty expires)
                      Takin her to the track this summer!

Comment

YOUR FAULT FOR SPORTING STOCK

Thats why you dont race stock against stocked up thats just dumb if you ask me. I would race a supra in my street legal 92 trans am gta but it has zr-1 32 valve 4 cam 350 bored .40 over blueprinted and balanced built to race when needed. With the nos it pushes almost 750 horsepower so if you want to let rice grinders push you around so be it I will never let it happen to me.

Comment

Re: YOUR FAULT FOR SPORTING STOCK

Originally posted by Tommyz2899
                          Thats why you dont race stock against stocked up thats just dumb if you ask me. I would race a supra in my street legal 92 trans am gta but it has zr-1 32 valve 4 cam 350 bored .40 over blueprinted and balanced built to race when needed. With the nos it pushes almost 750 horsepower so if you want to let rice grinders push you around so be it I will never let it happen to me.
                          So anyone with a car that is stock shouldn't race? Get real.

Racing is always fun (sometimes it isn't appropriate if it is on crowded streets and what not). Just because you might not win is not a reason not to race. That is pretty cowardly if you ask me.

I guarantee you there are 4-bangers out there that could still hand you your (_|_) on a silver platter. No matter how fast you are, someone will always be faster.
                          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

hmmm

Firehawk,
                            I am talking about the Eighth mile(1/8), not a quarter mile(1/4).... A Supra TT would have to be extremely modified to run that time in a quarter..... The amount of hp for a 9.2 second 1/4 run would have to be in the area of 700 hp or more and excellent traction.... I do believe everybody would agree with me on that... Because I do know that a TT Lingenfelter Corvette with slicks can run a mid 9 sec. quarter, and it is pushing around 750 hp...... Anyway, maybe the driver was bad or something, and he couldn't get the full potential out of the car, eventhough, a stock Supra TT could only hope for a high 8 or so on a good day in the 1/4....

Previous Vehicles:
                            99' M6 Z28
                            98' M6 TA
                            97' Formula
                            96' RS Camaro
                            93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

A Supra would need more like 900 or more HP to run a 9.2 in the 1320.

This gets back to what I was saying earlier... they need more power than f-bodies to run f-body quarter mile times. However, they will trap excessively high because of the power needed to run those times. This makes them the higway killer that they are.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Previous Vehicles:
                                99' M6 Z28
                                98' M6 TA
                                97' Formula
                                96' RS Camaro
                                93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Working...
                                X