No announcement yet.

Help Save the Camaro Name!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe these are all the same letters as before. There seem to be variations. This one I found very enlightening....

Dear Mr. Bazar,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We
    appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the Camaro.

We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want
    you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have
    expressed their fondness for this vehicle.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced
    that 2002 would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and
    Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this
    decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy
    and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance
    vehicles with high value.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans
    Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and
    technical support through its Service Parts Organization.

In regards to the future, I must say that emails such as yours
    definitely help the cause. If the customer demand grows again, it would be
    difficult to not bring back the Camaro. So I would recommend having those
    you know with similar sentiment voice their opinion as well.
    Your
    email has been documented under file number 1-196632965.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this
    message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at
    1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday
    from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

Adam Groat
    Customer Relationship Manager
    Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Here is the one I got back.....

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center.

I apologize for your dissatisfaction with the discontinuation of the Chevrolet
      Camaro (F Body series vehicles). I documented your comments with the Customer
      Assistance Center under file number 1-197148311.

Regarding the F Body style vehicles, General Motors Corporation announced on
      September 25, 2001, that 2002 was the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro
      and Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments,
      this decision was unavoidable.

I apologize and want you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac
      Firebird owners and enthusiasts have expressed their fondness for the F Body
      style.

GM continues to study possible options. Nothing has changed concerning GM's
      production plans for the Camaro and Firebird.

Again, I thank you for your email and comments regarding the Chevrolet Camaro,
      and appreciate your family's loyalty to Chevrolet and General Motors.

If you should need to contact the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center in the
      future, please send an email to cac@chevrolet.com or call 1-800-222-1020.
      Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00
      a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Jason Murphy
      Customer Relationship Manager
      Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
      Previous Vehicles:
      99' M6 Z28
      98' M6 TA
      97' Formula
      96' RS Camaro
      93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

basically the same letter....BLAH!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
          basically the same letter....BLAH!
          From the "on haitus" Camaro Brand Manager at GM in response to a similar message.....I think this speaks for itself:

uhmmmm.....trust me.......don't think that just because it's a form letter that we're ignoring them.

Understand that we simply do not have time to individually "hand write" or "custom write" a letter to each customer when there is a barrage of email on the same subject......no business does.

be assured you are being heard. Your thoughts have been expressed by thousands........trust me...the letters have been coming in for three years now. Furthermore, on autoshow feedback reports, the issue of "When are you bringing the Camaro back" is always at the top of the comments section.
          and

I might also add that CamaroZ28.com has had a 'Save the Fbody" section for, I believe, 5 years. I spent TWO nights printing out the entire contents....each 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper had about 3 notes on it............and the pile was IMPRESSIVE........it stands about 2 and a half feet tall........and I printed it out in 2000!!!

I've used this pile of paper to illustrate the point several times...............it's being kept save in my file cabinets.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Here is another one....I hope he doesn't mind too much.

you may THINK GM has been indifferent.....but you would be wrong. yes....there were those that barely noticed the car going on hiatus....but there were a majority that were not pleased that it was going on hiatus.

Look.....i've said it until I'm blue in the face....have faith. We are NOT going to tell you something just yet. You can threaten and take your business elsewhere and hold your breath until you pass out and throw tantrums....but we WILL NOT talk about it just yet.

THERE ARE REASONS.......reasons, that you have not even thought about ...and we're NOT gonna talk about them either.

REad my book in about 15 years and the light will come on.

Unless you are in this industry, you don't understand (and quite frankly, we can't expect you to understand.) There is rarely, if ever, ONE reason for something happening....it's usually dozens of things that happen in an order that make things like this happen.

Now......hush up and send your emails in!!!
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Wow those are some pretty incoureaging comments.
              97 SS #C007
              Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
              SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
              X