R.I.P BIGGIE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P BIGGIE

7 years ago today (3-9-97) Notorious B.I.G aka Biggy Smalls was killed. Just thought I would remind everyone of the second best and truthful rapper of all time. Right behind the main man 2PAC. I think 2pac is still alive but i will later see both of you 2Pac and Biggy in Thug Mansion. For all you people that think rap music is just about sex, drugs, and killing. Well I hate to tell ya...its not. They simply sing about real life experiences just like The Beatle and The Beach Boys did back in the day. These lyrics are from a song called Juicy recorded in 1994 just 3 years before Biggie got popped. Its about Biggie going from poverty and welfare to being a multimillionaire. Read it and you should be inspired and hopefully change your negative image of rap into a more positive outlook on the rap industry.

(F*** all you h***) Get a grip mother******.

Yeah this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me
    I'd never amount to nothin' to all the people that lived above the
    buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on
    me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughters
    and all the n****z in the struggle you know what I'm sayin'?

Uh ha it's all good baby bay-bee, uh

Verse One:

It was all a dream
    I used to read Word Up magazine
    Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
    Hangin' pictures on my wall
    Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl
    I let my tape rock 'til my tape popped
    Smokin' weed and bamboo, sippin' on private stock
    Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack
    With the hat to match
    Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
    You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
    Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight
    Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
    Born filla, the opposite of a winner
    Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner
    Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri
    Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky
    I'm blowin' up like you thought I would
    Call the crib, same number same hood
    It's all good

Uh, and if you don't know, now you know, n***a, uh

Chorus:

You know very well who you are
    Don't let em hold you down, reach for the stars
    You had a go, but not that many
    'cause you're the only one I'll give you good and plenty

Verse Two:

I made the change from a common thief
    To up close and personal with Robin Leach
    And I'm far from cheap, I smoke skunk with my peeps all day
    Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way
    The Moet and Alize keep me pissy
    Girls used to diss me
    Now they write letters 'cause they miss me
    I never thought it could happen, this rappin' stuff
    I was too used to packin' gats and stuff
    Now honies play me close like butter played toast
    From the Mississippi down to the east coast
    Condos in Queens, indo for weeks
    Sold out seats to hear Biggie Smalls speak
    Livin' life without fear
    Puttin' 5 karats in my baby girl's ears
    Lunches, brunches, interviews by the pool
    Considered a fool 'cause I dropped out of high school
    Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood
    And it's still all good

Uh...and if you don't know, now you know, n***a

Verse Three:

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
    When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this
    50 inch screen, money green leather sofa
    Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur
    Phone bill about two G's flat
    No need to worry, my accountant handles that
    And my whole crew is loungin'
    Celebratin' every day, no more public housin'
    Thinkin' back on my one-room shack
    Now my mom pimps a Ac' with minks on her back
    And she loves to show me off, of course
    Smiles every time my face is up in The Source
    We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us
    No heat, wonder why Christmas missed us
    Birthdays was the worst days
    Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay
    Uh, damn right I like the life I live
    'Cause I went from negative to positive
    And it's all...

(It's all good)

...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga, uh
    Uh, uh...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga
    Uh...and if you don't know, now you know, nigga, uh

Representin' B-Town in the house, Junior Mafia, mad flavor, uh
    Uh, yeah, a-ight
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Yea..Juicy Was A Phat Track...The Only One I Liked From Biggie...Im Not A Big Fan Of His...Because He Didnt Warn Pac In '94 About The Guys That Were Gonna Try To Blow His Head Off...Puffy Didnt Love Biggie...In Fact I Believe He Had Him Killed..I Mean...Both Biggie And Puffy Were With Each Other When The Shooting Occured But Not In The Same Car..Weird..I Mean They Were "Best Friends" Wouldnt U Ride With Your Best Friend Instead Of Riding In Another Car?? Puffy's Father Melvin Combs Was One Of The Founders Of The Black Mafia...The Guys That Shot Tupac In '94 Were From The Black Mafia...When Tupac Was In The Hospital, They Made Death Threats Through The Phone To Him..Some Thing Likej "N***a You Aint Dead Yet?" But AnyWay..He Checked Himself Out Because Of That...He Feared For His Life Because He Was Not In The Best Of Shape Being Shot 5 Times And All...Skipping Some Stuff..He Went To Jail...And Suge Knight Bailed Him Out...I Think Puffy (Black Mafia) Was Working With Suge Knight....To Finish Off What They Didnt Finish...And Suge Being Greedy..Didnt Take Care Of Pac When He Had The Chance...He Waited Too Long...So When Word Was Getting Out That Tupac Was Leaving Deathrow Records...Suge Had To Get Rid Of Tupac Quick Before The Word Spread About Him Leaving The Company...So SUge Wouldnt Look SUspicious...He Didnt Have Enough Time To Plot The Assassination...They (Not Sure WHo) Shot Tupac..Which I Dont Believe THere Was Such A Drive By Because Suge Didnt Get Shot..WHich Is Not Likely...But He Did Get Shot..Did He Survive? Only A Handfull Of People Know....But He Did Get Shot...And U Know The Feds Were In On It Too...And Other Highly Powered Figures...
    -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

So do you think Pac is alive. I am a firm believer in this, cuz there is just to much evidence that say that he is. And snoop dog was just on jay leno and i just wanted to ask him, cuz i be him, puffy, jay z, eminem and a few others no the truth. Y can't they just let me in on this. I want to konw so bad. What are your views on this mystery.
      1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

Yea..I Think He May Be Alive..There Is Much Evidence Supporting This Belief....But In The Back Of My Head.. I Think That..Because He Said He Plotted Everything..Maybe He Plotted To Make People Believe He Was Still Alive When He Died...Because He Said That One Of His Fears Was Being Forgotten...Now If People Think Your Alive...And Think You Faked Ur Death..And Will One Day Return...Your Name Will Stay On The Streets Forever....Tupac Also Said That When He Dies He Wants To Be A Living Legend..If Ur Dead..How Can U Be A "Living" Legend? If People Think Your Alive...

Tupac Is The Most Successful Rapper/Hip Hop Artist To Ever Touch The Mic ....He's Sold More CD's Then EveryOne In That Genre...He's Number One And Been Number One For So Many Years...He Will Never Be Forgotten
        -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

Word up playa, to bad nobody else has any opinions on this in this forum. But I head that he was suppose to make an appearence with Snoop Dawg at the MTV music awards this last year (2003) but snoop had to apear in court or something and coundnt make the awards so the appearence was cancelled. And that would have been the 7th year and ya know how Pac is obsessed with 7's. And then pac changed his name to Makaveli, which you proly already know that Makaveli was an italian war strategist that faked his death to fool his enemy's so they couldnt find him and kill him for real. But hopefuly he comes back, i will proly start ing or somehitng if he does just cuz i would be right cuz all of my friends think he is dead and i would just be overwelmed with happinness. Not to sound like a weirdo or anything but thatt would definatly be one of the best days of my life, cuz he lives a life just like mine.

Comment

I'll let you in on a little secret.... Tupac is alive, he lives on this special island along with others like former pres John F. Kennedy and of course Elvis.
            93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

so...

Homey A bangs Homey B's wife

Homey B's buddies go kill Homey A

Homey A's buddies go kill Homey B.

These people are role models to be looked up to and missed?
              They are killers with no morals. We are better off without them. If idiots like this are the only role models for todays youth we are in a boat load of hurt.

How can anyone possibly see any of these rappers as rolemodels? They are capitolizing on the decay of society and the collapse of morals. And somehow ppl twist them into saints?

It doesnt make any sence to me. The music industry at large is a problem... Look at any of the huge stars... Elvis died on the bathroom floor of a drug overdose. The Jackson family is totally messed up. it goes on and on, and is not exclusive to rap. It is, however more prevelant in rap, IMHO.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Maybe so, but its not like rappers are making all of tihs stuff up in the lyrics. It is how there everyday lives were, when they were youngsters and the struggle to get to the top. There is a WHOLE lot more meaning behind all of there lyrics than any of the beach boyz or beatles, or the bee gees or any of that old crap put together. All thoses guys talk about is how they wish they had something. Rappers say what they have done already and its all truth. Plus, rap is the hardest type of music to make, just read the lyrics to this song, who would have ever thought to rhyme some of these things together. AWESOME uterly AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
                  Plus, rap is the hardest type of music to make, just read the lyrics to this song, who would have ever thought to rhyme some of these things together. AWESOME uterly AWESOME.
                  I'm not denying the talent. I like alot of the music. I just cannot stand the messages they send with it. For every posative message in the music, there are multiple other messages on how cool it is to kill, steal and rape.

not cool.

All I'm saying is that if America rejected the glorified violence in many of the lyrics and the complete lack of morals by not buying it, the lyrics would get a bit cleaner in an effort to make more money. Our kids would be better off for it, too. Ppl need to rise above making this crap.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

well, I popped in a few of my old CDs and I tell you...wow, I've really grown out of the genre.

I used to listen to it day and night...biggie, tu pac...you name it, I had it...

Not that I don't like it...I still do. Some of the music is powerful stuff...but some are just violent.

All genres have it's bad side...except maybe 80's (LoL).

I just prefer to listen to other stuff...aside from pop (which has got to be the worse) rap is pretty bad to...I used to be that "thug"...I grew up in SW Atlanta, anyone from Atlanta can tell you the SWAT is probably the worse.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't turn out to that thug I grew up wanting ot be...cuz I look at my classmates, and are "doing that great".

I hope I didn't step on any toes...but cuz this forum is all love.

I know that Tupac and Biggie wrote what the knew and what they went through...but RAP now and days is a sham and worthless crap that shouldn't even be played...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Amen TraceZ.

"to bad nobody else has any opinions on this in this forum." I do but you're not going to like it. Look, I love music but there is very little music to rap. I hope it fades away soon.

Ludacris lyrics: "Hollow bullets I pull it. I'm about to live in vain. And then I drill 'em, refill 'em. Make sure they feel the pain. My shotguns are cold and hard, and my triggers are always talking about some squeeze me, squeeze me. I smack bitches with 'no. Just get a couple of girls that shake their thang."

The kids look up to these "stars" for some stupid reason. Kids want to be like their heros and they go out and do these things and people who like rap defend this crap. Maybe I'm a Vulcan (Timelord LOL) but this is not logical.

I'm not saying all rap is bad but there are some real thugs out there who are messing up society. Listen to the words. OMG
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
                        Maybe so, but its not like rappers are making all of tihs stuff up in the lyrics. It is how there everyday lives were
                        So... if some sick bastard spends years raping little boys in his basement and writes a song about it you would rush out to buy it, just because it was really his life??

C'mon now. we all know better. It is unjustifiable.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

i am with LimTeng99TransAm
                          i used to listen to it alot, and actually had a couple of buddies that rap , and are now making cds.
                          Growing in up in the bad parts of LA is really tuff. but luckily i never fell in with the rest of those clowns. i still have some old cds lots of them,but i wouldnt go buy any rap CDs now.
                          70% of the things rapper say now is fake. lies.just to sell their album ,and i think their running out of things to rap about. now all they tal;k about is money and "bling bling"
                          i would much rather listen to some good ol classic rock,
                          atleast they have real instrument.
                          you think rappin is hard. no way, anybody can ryme. try playing a guitar and singing at the same time. thats hard
                          Miss My Bird

Comment

Sorry mang, Pac is dead. I know some people in law enforcement and when I talked to them about how I thought Pac was still alive, they let me know unofficially that he was dead.

Pac was the man though.

And TraceZ, how can you go an judge someone like that. They did what they had to do to survive. They are not made into saints either, they were though, the best at what they did.

And since we are on this subject, I hope you have the same feelings about Kurt Cobain, he was no angel either but yet he has been immortalized because he was viewed as the best at what he did too. Regardless of the lyrics, everyone has done something that was not exactly "moral".

Scumbag A buys half a pound of coke from dealer 1 and proceeds to snort ALL of it and decides to play with a gun. Scumbags girlfriend, still scummy today, discovers the dead body and Scumbag A is the greatest rocker of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan98T/A
                              And TraceZ, how can you go an judge someone like that. They did what they had to do to survive. They are not made into saints either, they were though, the best at what they did.

And since we are on this subject, I hope you have the same feelings about Kurt Cobain
                              I am not making judgement. These folks actions made the judgement before I even knew about it. I'm just calling them on it, and there is no defense. They need to be held responsible for their actions. Growing up in a bad neighborhood justifies nothing. If ppl would stop using that as an excuse the world would be a better place and those "bad neighborhoods" may not be so bad. You dont need to have $$ to have morals and values. And there are ppl with tons of $$ that have also.

And yes... Kurt was a loser too. But he was a talented loser.
                              suicide is a cowardly thing to do.

Easy-E was the man in my day. He's dead too. Beastie boys were a bit cleaner, and they are still around. There raps were actually kinda funny. Run DMC.. the classics.

2live crew was off the wall, but it made me laugh more than anything else. sexual shock value at its finest.

This stuff is juvenile. As folks grow up, they learn more and dismiss it. The problem is the kids.... They are too easily influenced, and too many parents today are not doing their jobs to stop it.

I'm done. sorry about the rant.
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X