R.I.P BIGGIE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TraceZ
    This stuff is juvenile. As folks grow up, they learn more and dismiss it. The problem is the kids.... They are too easily influenced, and too many parents today are not doing their jobs to stop it.

You called it right there. How can you blame these "artists" when all they are doing is trying to make money. I grew up with the music too, all the groups you mentioned. Had it not been for the way my single mother brought me up(with morals), Im sure the music would have had an adverse affect on me. But in the end, my Mother did what parents are not doing today, raising their children. So we really cannot blame Pac and Biggie for anything, if parents would teach their children, the world would be a better place.

My rants done

Comment

ok here is my opinion
      honestly if you like rap and rock and not all the stuff listen to some christian rap and rock and hardcore and ska and pretty much every other genre you can think of i didnt think there woudl be any rapper very good that sang about god till i listened to it and believe me rap is awesome without the profanity and violence
      rap is prolly the worst genre anyways because not one rapper out today doesnt have a fued with the next guy it so gay in my opinion Ska,PUNK, indie Rock have the least amount of hatred towards each other i used to be a big rap fan now i just listen to mor eof the punk indie rock alternative scene well may not make sense but there is my $.02
      1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
      1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
      1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
      1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
      1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

well....let me remind you...... today........3/10/2004.....you posted in all caps. thats against the rules. kapish?

pfff pttta ptta pfff ya do it pff ptta pfff ya know whut im sayin pfff ptta pfff............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

sorry wolfman i thought that just applied to the actual thread no just the title
          1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            I'm not denying the talent. I like alot of the music. I just cannot stand the messages they send with it. For every posative message in the music, there are multiple other messages on how cool it is to kill, steal and rape.

not cool.

All I'm saying is that if America rejected the glorified violence in many of the lyrics and the complete lack of morals by not buying it, the lyrics would get a bit cleaner in an effort to make more money. Our kids would be better off for it, too. Ppl need to rise above making this crap.
            Pac Was Not Glorifying Violence...He Was Telling It How It Is..He Was Telling People About Poverty, Murders, And Drugs..He Was Not Saying Do Them...He Was Bringing Information....He Is A Messasnger...
            -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

that I have to agree with...older stuff was more real; but today's RAP stinks...like Chingy? What the heck...that's a load of crap. Like it was said, their running out of the things to rap about...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

It's not that they are nunning out of things to rap about. It is that the re isnt alot of "good" rappers that are from poverty or anything nymore. They are all mostly wanna be gangsters like ja rule and dont have much talent but rap and it sucks and thats what puts and crappy i age on rap. There is only a couple tru gangsters in the rap inustry right now and they are 50 cent, eminem, and maybe a frew others but not many.
                1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by Spades95formula
                  now all they tal;k about is money and "bling bling"
                  Isn't that the truth! They measure their success with the amount of clothes and jewelry they have. Gives a nice little message to those youngsters: If you are ever rich some day, spend it all!

You see it every day - poor people wearing designer clothes. Trace-Z and I were filling up the Ultra-Z one day, and saw this guy all decked out in nice clothes, jewelry, etc.. Funny thing is, it only took him like 10 seconds to fuel his Corsica. Trace-Z walked over to the pump and saw a whopping $1.00 on the meter.

Take a look at these rap stars 10 years down the road.. They will either be dead, or bankrupt. Usually the latter, cause when their star-dom starts falling, they can't get out of their spending habits.
                  '99 A4 1.8T QMS Santorin
                  (Hey, that's not an F-Body)

Comment

Originally posted by e40
                    Isn't that the truth! They measure their success with the amount of clothes and jewelry they have. Gives a nice little message to those youngsters: If you are ever rich some day, spend it all!

You see it every day - poor people wearing designer clothes. Trace-Z and I were filling up the Ultra-Z one day, and saw this guy all decked out in nice clothes, jewelry, etc.. Funny thing is, it only took him like 10 seconds to fuel his Corsica. Trace-Z walked over to the pump and saw a whopping $1.00 on the meter.

Take a look at these rap stars 10 years down the road.. They will either be dead, or bankrupt. Usually the latter, cause when their star-dom starts falling, they can't get out of their spending habits.
                    HA! Yo, E!
                    Yeah, clothes and jewelry have great resale values too
                    If my rear was as broke as most of these bling bling guys I see, I'd be saving for something better instead of blowing what little i had on designer clothes and jewelry. duh.

Remember that time we saw the 3 ghetto girls in a hoopty stop at the gas station, buy 3 packs of newports and a bucks worth of gas?

The hip hop and rap cultures promote these bling bling values. It is terrible for kids, and their parents do nothing about it. This is another good argument aginst it.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

People say the darndest things.....

Female 1: "So did you and Anton hook up yet? What's goin down girl?"

Female 2: "His ass gots to go... Check this... He picks me up in this ragged ass hoopty, and wearing some old gear."

Female 1: "Aww girl, the man's a scrub huh?"

Female 2: "Sheeeeit, he still lives at home with his Momma too."

Female 1: "So what did you do?"

Female 2: "Sheeit, I just told him we couldn't chill anymore.. Told him he should at least go out and buy some clothes and jewelry er sumthin'.."
                      '99 A4 1.8T QMS Santorin
                      (Hey, that's not an F-Body)

Comment

I've thought about this for several days. The comparison of Curt Cobain to Pac, Ludicrous, etc. Here's the difference. Curt talks about suicide. The rappers talk about killing other people. I guess it's the libertarian in me that says do what you want to to yourself but don't force anything upon someone else. Killing yourself is sad. Killing someone else is illegal. Both are immoral but who is anyone to say somebody has to live if they want to die. Nobody has the right to take someone else life. Curt sort of glorifies suicide. These rappers glorify killing. There is a huge difference.

Ludicrous lyrics: "Hollow bullets I pull it. I'm about to live in vain. And then I drill 'em, refill 'em. Make sure they feel the pain. My shotguns are cold and hard, and my triggers are always talking about some squeeze me, squeeze me. I smack bitches with 'no. Just get a couple of girls that shake their thang."

I've heard people talk about how bad classic rock is. Classic rock is mostly about making love. It's not about forcing love (rape).

Rap is about forcing upon other people. Almost like politics.
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have been listening to hip hop for along time but I am starting to get out of it. I love it but just the stuff today is getting too ridiculous. I have found that rap music has been violent but I think the main message that artists are trying to portray is:
                          "This is my life, please dont follow on the wrong path like I did"
                          Artists are trying to tell what they've done to help give people a choice to not follow on the wrong paths they did. I have learned to stay away from crap rap that feeds on bling and cars. BIG was a poet and taught the children to dream higher and achieve what ever they can imagine.
                          97 SS #C007
                          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSS
                            I have been listening to hip hop for along time but I am starting to get out of it. I love it but just the stuff today is getting too ridiculous. I have found that rap music has been violent but I think the main message that artists are trying to portray is:
                            "This is my life, please dont follow on the wrong path like I did"
                            Artists are trying to tell what they've done to help give people a choice to not follow on the wrong paths they did. I have learned to stay away from crap rap that feeds on bling and cars. BIG was a poet and taught the children to dream higher and achieve what ever they can imagine.
                            But that is just the opposite of what they are doing! They are glamorizing it with no mention of don't do what I did or any remorse for them being a follower and being on the pity pot and not being able to think for themselves and do what's right. Look at the gangs and they talk about their territories and what do they do with their turf? NOTHING! No I'm sorry they tear it up and graffiti it instill terror in all who live there. If it's their turf, they should help to clean it up and help the people who live there. Sorry for the rant. Stepping off my soap box now.
                            Kevin Thornton

91 Z28 Black, 6" cowl hood, 468 ci,
                            850? Holley, MSD 6AL, TH 350,
                            1989 Trans-Am, Ram-Air hood, 5.7
                            TPI, 700r4, 3.27 9 bolt, K&N, No
                            screens on MAF, Cat delete,
                            Flowmaster cat-back, 245x60 15
                            frt, 295x50 15 r
                            15.109@91 1/4

Comment

I beleive most of the rap out today is pretty terrible. Most of it is just materialism and sex crap. How much Bling they gots or Hos dey wif. Then there's the wannabee gangstas and the actual scumbags like fifty cent. Not only are the lyrics lame but the beats ("music") leaves much to be desired in most cases. It's one beat that repeats throughout the entire song. Seems like some very unimaginitive person with a drum machine is producing this stuff in bulk. Don't get me wrong there is some good stuff out there like Jurassic Five, Black Eyed Peas, Beastie Boys etc but the bulk of it is pure garbage. Just turn on BET for 5 minutes Now I mostly listen to Rock stuff myself wether it be Alternative, classic, punk, etc and some metal but I don't like the crappy rock that dosen't have any meaning or value to it either. For example I can't stand Kid Rock I like music that has a some meaning to it or is humourous or something. I think it's sad that people idolize these rappers/ pop stars etc. When criminals like 50 cent become role models for kids it's a sad day for America.....Used to be kids wanted to be astronauts or fire fighters or baseball players now they want to be Ludacris or Fifty cent or Chingy......Where are the parents nowadays! Oh well I'm done ranting...just my .02...........Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
                              X