George Dubya is the man!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastTA
    First of all......couldn't agree more Jeff!

Interesting perspective! I think that wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess the one thing they will have to be careful is exactly how they word the federal penal code for this law and how they go about enforcing it.

The liberals and pro-life activists are going to get their panties in a wad over this one. They are already claiming that this is going to "open the door" for more negative litigation as to the human rights of an unborn fetus.

I think a woman should be able to make the choice as to whether or not she wants to abort a pregnancy. I don't think any government body should be able to tell a woman what to do with her unborn child.

I can't say that I neccasarily am in favor of abortion, but I still think it should ultimately be the womans choice.

Yikes I had to go and start the abortion discussion.

AGREED 110% !!!!!!!!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Get rid of GWB! He's running down the country.

He's starting to become a menace to his own country and the rest of the world.

Just another Alien observer
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97

Yea he really is. DOW is up 25%, Nasdaq is up 50%, since 9/11 Unemployment as of Feb. is lower than ever under Clinton. GDP is highest ever. Yea we've really gone down hill.

Yea Bush is a menace and Saddam, Bin Ladon, and Hamas are saints.

Makes sense to me.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You know, it is easy to forget the 'promises' that Bill and Hillary made while in office. It strikes home when it is listed like this:

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 1998 bombing of U.S embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible! would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

BUSH COVERED IT!

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New York , Washington, D.C. and a Pennsylvania field that are now dead would be alive today.

BUSH TOLD THOSE FIREMAN -- THEY WOULD HEAR US TOO!

And, now that Bush is taking action to bring these people to justice, we have Democrats charging him with being a war monger...

AN INTERESTING QUESTION: This question was raised on a Philly radio call-in show. Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question. there are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively cheap software and gives billions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors terrorism. That being the case, why was it that the Clinton administration spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over the past eight years than Osama bin Laden?

THINK ABOUT IT!

It is a strange turn of events. Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir. Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two people who have spent the past 8 years being unable to recall anything about past events while under oath!
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Comment

All right, I'm going to be the bad guy here. As a Texan living in Canada, I wish Canadians would keep their opinions to themselves about our country. I mean, I have been living in Canada for only two years and already see numerous problems with this country...i.e. crappy healthcare, a severe lack of unity between the east and west, high taxes, a prime minister who stands for nothing but keeping the west rich and the east dependant..etc. etc. etc.....but I don't comment on it to anyone who doesn't ask my opinion. And I live here!! It is my experience that most Canadians don't know half as much about American life or politics as they think they do. (Granted, americans know even less about Canada in general but, one again, we don't talk bad about Canada near as often as Canadians talk bad about the states.) I speak from experience. I have had my share of anti-american talk from canadians while living here and am pretty sick of it. Can't wait to move back to Texas next year!!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Black97

I sure am glad that OUR President is concerned with OUR security and not what some furriners think.

BTW How is Canada's economy doin? Unemployment rate? Percentage of personal income for taxes?
                The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

I love the States,just the political picture I have trouble grasping.

And comparing Canada to the U.S. is comparing a banana republic to a democracy[or republic]!!

We are light years behind in civil rights and unfortunately years too far ahead in civil liberties[unless of course you are white/Canadian/have a job,then you are screwed]which allows all to every minority or splinter group lobby and screw the silent taxpayer.

94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
                    [unless of course you are white/Canadian/have a job,then you are screwed]which allows all to every minority or splinter group lobby and screw the silent taxpayer.
                    I feel like we are "progressing" to that too.

OK just for the fun of it I looked up progressive.

1a : of, relating to, or characterized by progress
                    1b : making use of or interested in new ideas, findings, or opportunities
                    1c : of, relating to, or constituting an educational theory marked by emphasis on the individual child, informality of classroom procedure, and encouragement of self-expression

With the definition of 1c:, how can the word progressive get applied to the liberal or democratic party when they push so hard against the individual.
                    Example,
                    Hillery Clinton's speech "We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society." [Hillary Clinton, 1993]

And another speech that sounds similar.
                    "It is thus necessary that the individual should come to realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of his nation; that the position of the individual ego is conditioned solely by the interests of the nation as a whole ... that above all the unity of a nation's spirit and will are worth far more than the freedom of the spirit and will of an individual. .... This state of mind, which subordinates the interests of the ego to the conservation of the community, is really the first premise for every truly human culture .... we understand only the individual's capacity to make sacrifices for the community, for his fellow man." [Adolph Hitler, 1933]

Comment

Originally posted by pete
                      I sure am glad that OUR President is concerned with OUR security and not what some furriners think.

BTW How is Canada's economy doin? Unemployment rate? Percentage of personal income for taxes?
                      Well it seems line we drawn a border here.

Jeff, yes the numbers are up. The Enron #'s were up too until they came tumbling down. Wallstreet is the sand box for the richest of the richest. They decide what goes up or down so they can make the most profits. I don't think they hold a real value. Look at all the companies that stated record earnings but in the real world they were bankrupt. Wallstreet went right along with it!!??

Other numbers that are up too

http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid...s_armed_forces

How long do you think the american people are going to put up with this?

Who do you think is going to pay for the Billions that are being spent for the next couple of years in foreign contries? Bush may look like the hero now but onces he's out of the office, somebody else will have to make arrangements to pay for all this (tax hikes) and let me tell you this will be a mighty unpopular President.

Todd, yes you are right, we do not have our ducks in a row either here in Canada. Health care sucks, but at least we have some for everybody.

Just my Canadian 0.02 worth
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Cost of stopping Al Queda from any further mass killings....... millions of dollars.

Cost of the campaign to establish a clear and present message to any future planned terrorist actions........ millions of dollars.

Cost of providing 100's of thousands of medically deprived children with medical care....... millions of dollars.

Cost of the support of an effort to free a mass civilization from a murderous dictator....... PRICELESS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          . I don't think any government body should be able to tell a woman what to do with her unborn child.

I can't say that I neccasarily am in favor of abortion, but I still think it should ultimately be the womans choice.

Yikes I had to go and start the abortion discussion.

First off, one of the reasons I think Bush is doing a fantastic job, is because he is a Godly man, who makes decisions knowing that he is accountable to his Maker.

Bush is anti abortion and he trying to give rights to the "fetus" because he realizes that life begins at conception - otherwise there is no other hard and fast line as to when life begins - other than birth. If birth is the line, than a mother should be able to kill her child up to the day before it is born. It the mothers right to chose what happens to HER body, not HER CHILDS.

The deficit could be twice as bad as it is now. Its not all about money - Bush is doing a GOOD job - he has moral character, and a backbone - TraceZ is right - we need to stand up to the evil in this world so it doesnt show up on our doorstep. Bush is the guy to help do it.
                          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

But church and state are supposed to be completely seperate. it's in the constitution.

Comment

wasnt kerry in vietnam??

Comment

Originally posted by briantech98
                                But church and state are supposed to be completely seperate. it's in the constitution.
                                No it's not.
                                http://www.house.gov/Constitution/Constitution.html

Comment

Working...
                                X