No announcement yet.

Got my baby home!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a body in that advanced state is a major break-through. Saves a ton of work.... work that most people don't even think about until its too late.

Looks great!!!

Good luck.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      Looks nice from what I can see.....Does this one have the drivetrain in it, or are you working on an engine for it?

Would you mind me asking how far it was transported and what it cost to ship? Im looking at old Pontiacs for my Dad on ebay and other places online and we are kind of dreading the cost of shipping some of these cars.
      It has a 9" rear with an aluminum Strange Ultra Case w/ a 3.250" pinion bore and a 35 spline aluminum spool and 12 bolt pinion support.
      Moser 35 spline gundrilled and honed axles.
      Lamb style racing flanges.
      9.50" / 3.89:1 ring and pinion/ 9310 steel.
      Powdercoated black.
      Wolfe Racecraft chrome-moly solid panhard and drag anti-roll bar.
      Custom Spohn chrome-moly center-adjustable LCA's.
      Custom Wolfe Racecraft chrome-moly ta, cross member, and giant custom sfc's.

There is much, much more chrome-moly wotk done to the chassis, just too much to list. And we are putting the 383 that I am currently putting together in it.

I had the car transported from central Washington state to New Braunfels, TX for a grand total of $925. I used Aries Auto Transport and they were very cordial and very professional.

Comment

Sweet.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I will try and take some good pics of underneath and inside the car. All the work on the chassis was absolutely top notch. Pictures don't really do it justice but I will try to get some good angles.

Comment

When you say "Custom Spohn chrome-moly center-adjustable LCA's.".... do you mean the ones that have the adjuster threads right in the middle of the tube?

I didn't think he made those with spherical rods ends, only with poly ends. I personally would not use those on a high HP application, if that's what they are. The location of the threaded adjuster is exactly where the "slenderness ratio" is capable of buckling the rods if the loads get high enough.... sort of the weakest point. He has an adjustable LCA with rod ends, and the threaded pieces opposite hand on each end. That would be the better one for your car. I just picked up a set of those last Saturday when I was up at his shop, mainly to replace the poly ends, which allow too much movement of the axle (IMHO) on a hard launch.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

These are sperical rod ends and are considerably thicker in diameter than anything he sells to the general public. And the adjuster and two jam nuts and the threaded core are much bigger as well.

These were custom made by Steve Spohn for the previous owner and cannot be found on the website, and by the looks of the receipt he paid quite a bit for them!

I will try and take some pics tomorrow.

Comment

Fred, have you known anyone to actually break or bend these center adjustable LCA's?

I am looking into this now.

Comment

Fred, are those threads opposite so that you can adjust length by turning the tube (Are those wrench flats on the tubes near the end)?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

They are adjustable on the car, with opposite hand threads on each end. And there is a "hex" on one end of the rod where the tube adapter welds to the tube.

I can't say that I have ever seen any LCA fail. But I just don't like the center location for the adjuster. And that's based on the analysis of the arm as a structrual member. You don't want any "flexibility" at the center of the column, or it can buckle under high compression loading. BMR sells the came "center adjustable" design, but they call it "street" LCA. Then they sell the end adjustable design, and call is a "race" LCA.

I'll have to ask Steve when he built the ones on your chassis.
                    Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      I'll have to ask Steve when he built the ones on your chassis.
                      Thanks! Could you ask him how much torque he feels confident in these being able to take. I am talking to a few other shops that make what they claim to be a "high hp" lca. We will see.

Comment

I am on the way to pick up my 28x10.5's and 26x4.5 front runners and to get them mounted on the alumastars!

WOO HOO!

I will take pics as soon as I get them on the car.

Comment

Working...
                        X