No announcement yet.

wow...is this funny?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it's funny...I couldn't help but to laugh...but then I sat and thought about...if a real cat died like that, it's no longer funny. Any animal suffering and dying a needless death isn't funny. Again, Ford has poor taste in this one...but that fact it's funny to whole bunch of people, Ford is gonna sell it...tons of em.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Tasteless. real or not.

Comment

Aggreed,

The cat one is disturbing
        The Bird one is pretty funny though
        No F-Body right now

Comment

First I am going to say I didn't watch the commercials. I am at work and really wouldn't want to anyway. From what folks are describing it definitely sounds in poor taste. A few days ago when the bunny picture was posted with a run over bunny made to look like the easter bunny I also expressed my opinion that it too was in poor taste. Some among you jumped to defend Ken saying it was just a joke. While I may be mistaken I think at least one of those folks said that this was in poor taste. I see no difference in these types of things. I was not attacking Ken personally. I have met the guy once and have been a member here for a decent enough amount of time to know Ken is generally a good guy. I just think that ads like the ones here or showing something where someone who is obviously disturbed or callous took the time to arrange a scene with roadkill is in poor taste. Some said we aren't as touchy as a society about a movie where people get hurt..and thats definitely true. I think thats mostly because its usually the bad guys that die. They put themselves in that position by being the bad guy and while a good movie allows for suspension of disbelief deep down no one really believes the Rock really hits the guy in the head with a two by four. Sad fact is lately there seem to be more animal cruelty cases making the news in my area. Just recently a woman got a year in jail for shaving, beating, and drowning her former room mates cat because they had an ongoing disagreement.

In closing...it simply pains me that people give "air time" to this kind of thing. This site is so strict about things like swear words and flaming and it is a better site because of it. I submit that pictures of dead animals in jest or in commercial in no way makes this forum a better place. If you give attention to this kind of thing in anyway other then to vent your displeasure at such things then I think thats wrong.

Comment

When its all said and done, its still just a commericial. Everybody is welcome to there opinion, which is good, but for me, it was funny in the aspect we have all gotten mad at animals for messing up our cars. As in Cat prints or scratch marks or Birds taking a big crap on our car after we spend hours washing it. We have all thought bad thoughts deep down, eventhough we wouldn't hurt the animals, we still say things like, you darn cat, or stupid bird... putting it nicely.... So it was funny to see a car that takes revenge in that aspect and we the owners didn't have too do a thing.... eventhough I wouldn't want to own such an evil car.... LOL.......... or a Ford for that matter........ LOL.......

Anyway, I didn't think it was all that big of a deal, considering no animals were hurt in the production of the commercial.

My 2 Cents...

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
            Previous Vehicles:
            99' M6 Z28
            98' M6 TA
            97' Formula
            96' RS Camaro
            93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

that's just wrong......

Comment

Working...