Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submerged my Rent-a-car!!!.... LONG(But worth it)... Need help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROFL!!! this thread is by far the funniest one i have read so far..

all these people confessing shit.. ive never done anything that stupid.. i just put a golf cart in a pond.. lol.. i slid down a 45 degree hill.. it sucked..

but yeah i give ya props if you get that focus running again and not smelling like a pond.. u better fabreeze the shit out of that thing

Comment

Uhoh...now you've done it.

STANGE 567, please refrain from using vulgar/inappropriate language on this site. It is a family friendly site and foul language is not tolerated.... capisca?

Thank you
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Re: Uhoh...now you've done it.

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        STANGE 567, please refrain from using vulgar/inappropriate language on this site. It is a family friendly site and foul language is not tolerated.... capisca?

Thank you
        Zappp...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i submerged my first car

It ws 1979---i was 16 and my first car was a 73 firebird---there was a 20 foot section of road that was flooded and i thought i could make it----wrong---buddy with a tractor pulled me out and i did like one guy said---pull plugs dry intake and cylinders---course that was before computers too---i would scam the rental place if i could---ins. companies scam us--- and there inscompany is the one thats gonna pay---that's why ins companys have the largest buildings in town---of course there's the arguement that it makes us all pay higher premiums---man the ins companysbattle to the end with you trying to shaft you anyway they can--i have never been satisfied with any claim i have had---and you always have to settle for less because they can fight you for years--they can wait---u can't---now if it were any individual or anybody else besides the rental companys ins company--i might change my story---just my opinion
          2005 gto red/red 6 spd bought 1/06 541 miles on the odometer now 1999 t/a sold 1/06 1994 b4c police pkg camaro sold in 2001 www.msnusers/com/richards99transam

Comment

UPDATE!!!.....

I pulled the plugs out, cranked the engine, replaced the plugs and it immediately hydrolocked agian. I figured that I probably had water in my fuel injection/intake manifold and the engine was sucking it in as soon as I tried to crank it. So I kept repeating the process to get the rest of the water out. After about 7-8 times, the motor finally would turn. But it wouldnt turn over. I got depressed and stopped for a little while. I came back in about an hour and tried agian. Same thing. The engine would turn and turn but wouldnt catch. I pulled the plug and it was wet, but it didnt smell like gas, it was just wet. I checked for spark and it looked good. So I kept turning the key to try to get fuel to reach the engine. Finally the car caught, ran for about 5-10 seconds, and then stalled. At this point the battery died, so I hooked another car up to it with jumper cables, and went at it agian. After 5 minutes, it started again. It ran better than the first time, but only lasted 5-10 seconds agian. At least it is showing signs of living again. I am wondering if there is water in the gas or something. It only had 1/8 tank when it got stuck, so I may try filling the tank up and trying again.
            No F-Body right now

Comment

That's great news. Hopefully, everything will be working fine soon. I just wanted ask if you've changed the oil yet? Although you're probably gonna have to change it again, your crankcase is probably filled with water - which is obviously bad if the car is running, so draining the oil and refilling it wouldn't be a bad idea, if you haven't done so already.
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I have narrowed it down to a fuel problem. If I spray Starting Fluid into the intake, it will start and run good, but I have to keep the fluid spraying or the car will die almost right away. I found the cars Inertia switch, pressed it, and tried to start it, but it didn't help. What do you think would be effected by this type of water that would create a no-fuel condition?

Thanks,
                Mark B
                No F-Body right now

Comment

pressure test the system.. and if u have the equipment try cleaning the injectors..

Comment

Working...
                  X