Anybody ever do an LT1 >LS1 swap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireFinder20
    individual coils? i liked that setup on my 01 Stang...

just losing the Opti alone is worth the headache of the swap...
    I don't know what the Opti is. Either the LS1 doesn't have it, or it isn't a problem on it.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      I don't know what the Opti is. Either the LS1 doesn't have it, or it isn't a problem on it.

it's the Optispark cam-mounted distributor that was used on 1992 - 1997 LT1s to torture us GM owners at the time. If you've ever done a cap and rotor on a car before, this brings new meaning to experience. It's mounted behind the water pump and crank pulley, both of which need to be removed in order to complete said task. The 92-94 Optis were plagued by moisture and often went bad early in their distributing careers, causing misfires and empty wallets across the land (unless the car had less than 50k miles or younger than 5 years old...then emissions warranty covered it). The 95 - 97s were vented to keep moisture out, but they are just as much a pain to work on as any other year....

but don't quote me, i could be wrong
      1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Screw it, i'll just do a 383 and call it a day.
        1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Working...
        X