Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better, but not what I was hoping for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnightFire
    Just as everyone has said...work on that 60'! Roughtly speaking for every .1 you gain in your 60' time, you'll gain a .2 in the ET.
    Do you have any tips for running on street tires? I know I forgot to drop the pressure, I will do that next time. What about what RPM to launch from... how much I should feather the clutch, etc... ?

I don't really like the idea of removing stuff (or adding stuff) for the track only. A lot of people will say they have a 10 second car, but that is at the track, on slicks with a bunch of stuff removed... without the track-only stuff they'd be 11s or 12s.

...even though I have never raced on the street in an organized manner, and I don't ever plan to, I think there is something to be said for bringing whatever you have at the track to the streets.

That is just kinda my philosophy, and I know a lot of guys don't really agree or understand it... oh well...
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I've never raced an M6 before, so I can't speak with any authority on how to properly launch one...sorry. From what I gather from my buds at the track, keep her around 1200 RPMs when launching, you see it really does depend on you and the condition of your clutch, some have to do MAJOR foot work (slipping the clutch) to get good short times, others can simply do a 5000RPM dump...the only thing that you can do in that regard is practice and see what works best for you, your car, and your setup.

As for removing stuff I agree completely, although I no longer have room for a spare tire and jack (TNT system is located there) and I do remove the sway bar for better weight transfer, I also do run on DOT approved QTPs and Sportsman skinnies. Everything else is in the car...including quite a large stereo system that I have wired so it can be removed via quick connects...but I rarely do. I run a full interior and my race weight is VERY close to 3900lbs.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
        I've never raced an M6 before, so I can't speak with any authority on how to properly launch one...sorry. From what I gather from my buds at the track, keep her around 1200 RPMs when launching, you see it really does depend on you and the condition of your clutch, some have to do MAJOR foot work (slipping the clutch) to get good short times, others can simply do a 5000RPM dump...the only thing that you can do in that regard is practice and see what works best for you, your car, and your setup.

As for removing stuff I agree completely, although I no longer have room for a spare tire and jack (TNT system is located there) and I do remove the sway bar for better weight transfer, I also do run on DOT approved QTPs and Sportsman skinnies. Everything else is in the car...including quite a large stereo system that I have wired so it can be removed via quick connects...but I rarely do. I run a full interior and my race weight is VERY close to 3900lbs.

KnightFire
        You run an 11.79 @ 115 at 3900 lbs with only 329 RWHP?????

Slicks make thatmuch of a difference????

I'm making 20 more HP than that, and I weigh about 250-300 lbs less than that...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

You know for as long as that's been in my signature photo, your the FIRST to have caught it!!! Or at least caught it and said anything.

No, I ran that 11.7 on a 100shot of N2O and I never dyno tested it on N2O. Those RWHP numbers are from my old LT4 setup...of course I have a new 355 setup and I'm for some dyno time to tune it via DFI.

Seeing how I didn't have accurate numbers for the N2O, I didn't change the signature...

BTW that "best" time of 11.79 was a run on 2 busted pistons, lol no I'm not lying, so of course I'm guessing that it had WAY more in it. That was the last time I raced it before the 355 saga which has been on going for over a year now.

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird
          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            I'm making 20 more HP than that, and I weigh about 250-300 lbs less than that...
            Jay, your car and mine are pretty close in power when Im running nat. aspirated. I run about a 108-109 trap without the juice. My G-tech tells me im making around 340 - 350 at the wheels. Anyways, my best run on nitto drag radials is a 13.0 with a 2.0 60' time. I did that once or twice! The rest are 13.3's or so. Its HARD to launch a stick on street tires, I think your doing well.

In a few weeks, I will be running with my new ET streets (still a DOT tire) and skinnies. I will let you know what I run. Im hoping for a 12.8 N/A and an 11.8 with the nitrous.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
            X