WS-6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS-6

I am planning on purchasing a 97 formula with ws-6 package and just wondering what exsactly is all included in the ws-6 package?

also, are there any easy/cheap mods i can do?

pic

here is a pic of the car!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

A '97 Formula WS6 6-speed is very rare! Grab it!
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Not only is it rare because it is a Formula WS6, it is SUPER RARE because of the cloth seats. I know, I have one, but a 96 model. That makes 6 that I've seen in the last 5 years (3 black, one red, one white, one green). I've talked with one of the guys that worked for SLP, and he said the cloth Formulas were very few in number. Most WS6 cars came with leather apparently.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

To answer your original question...

WS6 Package includes:

- Ram Air hood
          - Ram Air intake
          - freer flowing exhaust
          - suspension upgrades
          - WS6 17" rims
          - WS6 badging

i miss anything?

btw thats a good looking car... sell those rims though they just dont seem to look right to me.

oh and wash it! i dont know what it is about the 93-97 fbodys but they always seem to look dirty*, like the paint isn't holding up very well. There's a guy who lives down the street from me with a stock '97 ws6, and even when he washes it, it still doesnt look as nice as mine... maybe its just the zaino

*excluding djtaso and wolfman's, and anyone else on this board who has an fbody they keep in a garage with 18 layers of zaino on it*

Comment

Originally posted by briantech98
            *excluding djtaso and wolfman's, and anyone else on this board who has an fbody they keep in a garage with 18 layers of zaino on it*
            I've never used Zaino. The only 2 waxes I've used were Eagle 1 and Mother's. I'm very eager to grab a bottle of Zaino though. After I saw wolfman's pic of his SUV and the Firehawk, my mouth started to drool!
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by briantech98
              To answer your original question...

WS6 Package includes:

- Ram Air hood
              - Ram Air intake
              - freer flowing exhaust
              - suspension upgrades
              - WS6 17" rims
              - WS6 badging

i miss anything?

btw thats a good looking car... sell those rims though they just dont seem to look right to me.

oh and wash it! i dont know what it is about the 93-97 fbodys but they always seem to look dirty*, like the paint isn't holding up very well. There's a guy who lives down the street from me with a stock '97 ws6, and even when he washes it, it still doesnt look as nice as mine... maybe its just the zaino

my Hawk has over 100 layers of zaino on it... the CompTA had over 140 layers when I sold it..............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                my Hawk has over 100 layers of zaino on it... the CompTA had over 140 layers when I sold it........

... and I thought i was exaggerating when I said 18...

why do you bother to put so many layers? I thought sal himself said that after 5 or 6 layers, its just not going to get any better...

Comment

i have a 94 formula with cloth seats, its not WS6 tho, guess its not rare
                  1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

That is a nice car. I would definately grab it before someone else does. The price seems right too. Do a search on this board and you will find all types of helpful mods from free to $$$. I like the cloth seats - makes it rare! Best of luck and welcome to the board.
                    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Was there ever a difference between the 93-02 Trans Am's and Formula's besides the front end and the spoiler? Any performance difference? How can you tell the difference between a 98-02 formula and a V-6 with that dress up package thing??
                      95 Trans am-3.73 posi, 1.6 rollers, cold air induc. flowmaster, no cat.'s, power programmer w/ 160 degree stat, torque arm, bbk underdrive pulley, 52mm throttle body.

Comment

yes, the 93-97's have the LT1 350 rated at 275-285 hp and 305 hp for the WS6
                        the 98-02 have an LS1 which is a little more advanced rated at 305 hp and 320-325 for the Ws6

also the 98-02's have side fenders with flairs in them, different tailights

the way to tell a 98-02 V6 from V8, well there is a few ways, first off the sound of the car, and the V6's without ground effects have tipped down tips that are barely viseable comming out of both sides of the muffler, i dont know about the firebirds with the ground effects
                        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
                          yes, the 93-97's have the LT1 350 rated at 275-285 hp and 305 hp for the WS6
                          the 98-02 have an LS1 which is a little more advanced rated at 305 hp and 320-325 for the Ws6

also the 98-02's have side fenders with flairs in them, different tailights

the way to tell a 98-02 V6 from V8, well there is a few ways, first off the sound of the car, and the V6's without ground effects have tipped down tips that are barely viseable comming out of both sides of the muffler, i dont know about the firebirds with the ground effects
                          Just to clarify... no such thing as a Formula WS6 in 01 and 02.
                          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

My 1997 WS6 came with cloth seats and was also a "non t-top" coupe. It looks like this one is too.

Maybe there is a correlation between no t-tops and cloth seats on the early 4th Gen WS6's!?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              My 1997 WS6 came with cloth seats and was also a "non t-top" coupe. It looks like this one is too.

Maybe there is a correlation between no t-tops and cloth seats on the early 4th Gen WS6's!?
                              Yeah, it has an adjusted R-squared of .8932....

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                              X