No announcement yet.

mitsubishi's gone out of business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competion in the market is good, I give the Subaru and Mitsu respect where it is needed. Two different approaches to making power and it works, maybe the General should take a hint.
    GM owns a large stake in Subaru, around 30% I believe. There is a new Saab small AWD car coming out that is based off of the WRX. Still Fugly, still a buzzy econobox, but hopefully it helps sway more kids back to American manufacturs

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit_Bird
      GM owns a large stake in Subaru, around 30% I believe. There is a new Saab small AWD car coming out that is based off of the WRX. Still Fugly, still a buzzy econobox, but hopefully it helps sway more kids back to American manufacturs
      wether GM owns a stake or not...SAAB is not an american car nor is subaru

Comment

Sorry Craig, Saab Is all American owned, The new Malibu shares the same platform with Saab and the New Volvo S40.
        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

ehh... by those standards chrysler is a german brand then? as far as I know Saabs are built over seas and shipped in right? to me that means no american... I blur the lines for "north america" but once you cross the ocean its kind of tough for me. While they do make Hondas in america they are still owned overseas so they dont qualify either

Comment

we can argue for a while here about that , the point is theres some sweet technology packed into the sbaru and mitsu, and quality, the outcome is some nice performing cars. You and your 3 buddies can run 14.5 down a 1/4 mile.
            1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
            "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
              Sorry Craig, Saab Is all American owned, The new Malibu shares the same platform with Saab and the New Volvo S40.
              Ownership does not dictate point of origin, which is usually associated with the nationality of a particular product.

I own several things that were made in Mexico. I bought them with American money from a retail shop here in America who was owned by an American company, but they are still of Mexican decent and therefore Mexican.

I also respect any brand or type of performance car as long as it is done tastefully.

Comment

I can speak from experience when I say this:

I will never own another Mitsubishi product. Of course, anything can be made fast. I built mine with mods recommended from the factory. Then when warranty and service was required, I got shafted. Their customer service and support was horrible, the length of time to get parts was unacceptable if the car is to be used as daily transportation. By numerous accounts, they went went out of their way to screw the public. I will never put another dime of my money into the pocket of Mitsubishi. Not even used as when it comes down to getting parts, were're right back to where we started.

Now my personal opinion, the 3000GT and the Dodge stealth are sweet. The only thing that kept me from owning one is the above statement.

The EVO is too ugly for me to use as a planter in front of my driveway. Performance to some extent my be great, a Yugo with the same HP to weight ratio would be equally as pleasing to the eye. Well... add a few tacky spoilers and the Yugo would then be a tie.

The preceeding comment does not reflect the views of f-body.com nor it's moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAnS Am 98
                  well the sti is fast but i dont see it wooping our cars ive already beaten the only 2 in town 1 brand new my friend got it last week and it was pretty close but i still won
                  theyre nothing special in my opinion just a whole load of hype
                  I'm sorry, I have to raise the BS flag on this one. Stock automatic T/A is gonna have a hard time beating a 6-speed STi in any competition, including drag, unless your friends just have no idea how to drive at all.

Also, if your friend just got the car last week, why is he racing it?? Ever heard of a break-in period?

And a load of hype eh.. the second an F-Body goes off-road it will be wrapped around a tree. The second an STi goes off-road, the fun begins. k bye.
                  Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
                  Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean80Z28
                    I'm sorry, I have to raise the BS flag on this one. Stock automatic T/A is gonna have a hard time beating a 6-speed STi in any competition, including drag, unless your friends just have no idea how to drive at all.

Also, if your friend just got the car last week, why is he racing it?? Ever heard of a break-in period?

And a load of hype eh.. the second an F-Body goes off-road it will be wrapped around a tree. The second an STi goes off-road, the fun begins. k bye.
                    The STi and the evo are no competition for even a bone stock LT1 f-bod! Those cars are seriously over-rated by the media!

When I first got my 97 WS6 those were easy kills! A few mods later and they weren't even worth racing.

That all wheel drive is a benefit indeed...........while it lasts. Mitsu engineers did not concern themselves with building a reliable AWD drivetrain. I hear story after story of those cars breaking down!

Comment

Working...
                    X