This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb : i quit smoking :)

ive smoked since i was 12 1/2 yes 12 1/2 and this morning i just decided to quit cold turkey cause thats the only way to do it. i threw out all my cartons and destroyed my pack and i feel great about it. its not just worth it anymore and it hurts my family too much since im the only one that smokes.
    tomorrows the first real day without a cigarette so wish me luck!!!!

Good Job and Good Luck! When you want a cigarette just think of all the cool parts you can get for the T/A with the money your saving by not smoking. Smoke Tires not cigarettes!

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Congratulations. Think of it this way. How much did you spend on smokes? $2 a day? Times 365 days a year. That's over $700 in car mods!
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Just remember the three 3's. 3 days, 3 months, 3 years.

Once you get through those, you have officially quit. I wish you well in your fight against nicotine, which is actually more addictive than heroin.

Comment

yea im in school now doin alright no cravings, my pops estimated i spend 1500 a year on smokes yes 1500 dollars on cigarettes so he said if i make it to my birthday without smoking hell get me the ws6 fully functional ram air hood from ramairhood.com and my exhaust system

Comment

Re: nfb : i quit smoking

Originally posted by TrAnS Am 98
            ive smoked since i was 12 1/2 yes 12 1/2 and this morning i just decided to quit cold turkey cause thats the only way to do it. i threw out all my cartons and destroyed my pack and i feel great about it. its not just worth it anymore and it hurts my family too much since im the only one that smokes.
            tomorrows the first real day without a cigarette so wish me luck!!!!
            My x smoked for about 10 years, and she was never able to quit. Anyhow, she used that smoke away stuff and it actually worked...REALLY WELL. She didn't have any withdrawal symptoms...only the situational and stress cravings. Not only did it kill her smoking habit, but her coffee (caffeine) one as well. She started this when we went away on vacation for a week so there was no stress. If you have any problems, this stuff is awesome.
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That's great man! I wish you well in quitting for good. I have seen waaaaay too much bad stuff come from smoking. My grandfather died of Emphysema (SP?)/Lung Cancer/Pnumonia from smoking. My dad smoked for several years, with the whole family trying to get him to quit. Then one day at work he suddenly couldn't talk, couldn't stand up straight....a co-worker rushed him to the hospital. He was having a minor stroke. The doc told him that if he smoked one more cigarette then he had better enjoy it, cause it would be his last. My mom told him that if he smoked one more cig then she was going to leave him because she would rather not see him die a slow painful death from something so stupid. He quit cold turkey that day. I respect the heck out of him for doing so. Now, my brother smokes. I can't believe how people can have the "It's not going to happen to me" attitude, especially when it has happened to his dad, and his dad's dad. I just pray that my brother has the common sense that you are displaying, and decides a habit isn't worth his life.
              Congrat's man! And good luck!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I quit

1 year ago new years day, so about 1.5 years ago... If you have trouble with cravings the Nicorrete Losenges worked really well for me...tried the gum. its tough and gross, the patch didn't give much effect... The losenges were good because it gave you a good dose of nicotine quickly much like lighting up did...Anyhow just thought I would share what worked for me. What they say is true deciding to is the hardest part, no one else can do that for you. Good luck.
                NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Yea I quit smoking like a month ago. I realized that my grandma, grandpa, and aunt all died from smoking at like 50 or so. So I dont want to die that young so I quit. The first couple of days are the hardest, but you just have to say no to your self. Im only 18 so I still live the party life and I think Trans Am 98 is too. The party's are the hardest places to go and not smoke, plus all my friends smoke and they are smoke Newports just like I did. Its all about mind over matter and saying. NO!!!!!
                  One of my friends quite to, and whenever he had a craving he chewed a peice of gum, and i guess that helped him alot cuz he was smokgn like 1.5-2 packs a day.
                  And smokes are like $5.80 here in Cook County, in Illinois.
                  1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAnS Am 98
                    yea im in school now doin alright no cravings, my pops estimated i spend 1500 a year on smokes yes 1500 dollars on cigarettes so he said if i make it to my birthday without smoking hell get me the ws6 fully functional ram air hood from ramairhood.com and my exhaust system
                    I'm sorry if I have to be the first to say this, but it's sounds like you are a spoiled little snob. Nice payment to do something for yourself, huh? Pretty sad, kids like you will never learn the value of money or hard work. I don't mean to start a flame war or anything so I'm done, had to get that off my chest. Peace, hope you quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
                      Smoke Tires not cigarettes!
                      coolest saying EVER

but, smoking is stupid. Super nasty, plus devalues your car and other stuff majorly. Why your dad knows about you smoking and hasn't kicked the living crap out of you yet, I dunno, but congrats on quiting, the less.
                      my car:
                      '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by wako29
                        coolest saying EVER

but, smoking is stupid. Super nasty, plus devalues your car and other stuff majorly. Why your dad knows about you smoking and hasn't kicked the living crap out of you yet, I dunno, but congrats on quiting, the less.
                        "kicking the cr@p out of someone" is not the answer to make them quit. someone has to quit because the want to, and realize its wrong. that applies to just about everything.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Mother
                          I'm sorry if I have to be the first to say this, but it's sounds like you are a spoiled little snob. Nice payment to do something for yourself, huh? Pretty sad, kids like you will never learn the value of money or hard work. I don't mean to start a flame war or anything so I'm done, had to get that off my chest. Peace, hope you quit.
                          I'm going to say this only once.............

To apologize for flaming someone doesn't keep you from getting into the fire. There won't be a flame war when we are watching either. Bro, I gave ya a break once and you are tap dancing over the line again.

Once more and you know what happens!

Comment

good decision man...and good luck
                            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Fast Mother saying im spoiled just means ur jealous, did mommy and daddy not hug you enough ? ? did they hug u a lil too much???
                              keep your opinions to yourself next time u have no right to say that

Comment

Working...
                              X