No announcement yet.

Go to Church!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with what ken said. Way too many believers judge God by what his people do. What they don't realize is that Christians are just as flawed as non-christians. The difference is that we have accepted a savior who has forgiven us and is willing to keep forgiving us for our sins. Nobody is perfect. People definitely go to church for different reasons, but you have to make the decision to go for your own reasons. And don't just "get religious," truly seek a relationship with God, and he will me you where you are. Please guys, don't judge my savior by my actions. I am just human, just like you.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Well, I know I am a sinner for spending huge gobs of money on car parts & guns when I could have fed countless numbers of homeless, and generally non-compliant behavior, and I don't attend church anymore. But I sure as hell treat other people and their property with respect, and this sets me apart from 95% of the people that go to church, but don't seem to take the lessons out of the building when they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
        Well, I know I am a sinner for spending huge gobs of money on car parts & guns when I could have fed countless numbers of homeless, and generally non-compliant behavior, and I don't attend church anymore. But I sure as hell treat other people and their property with respect, and this sets me apart from 95% of the people that go to church, but don't seem to take the lessons out of the building when they leave.
        Question for you, Kevin....do you honestly personally know 95% of the people that go to church? If so, then I guess that I, my wife, most of my friends, my family..etc etc etc, are part of that 5% that do care.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Sorry, Todd, just trying to make a point that in my experience when I attended the different churches & Sunday schools in the first part of my life, that I was dismayed at the number of hypocrites, and it turned me off completely about organized religion. You are correct in assuming that I don't know 95% of the people that go to church, and I really just threw that number out there carelessly, but I think a staggering amount of them wouldn't pass a polygraph when asked about their beliefs and behavior - and that includes priests.

On the other topic of cars being hit, I have spent my whole life parking in the far side of the lot because virtually nobody out there gives a damn about dinging up my cars, except for a very, very small percentage of people who care enough to be cautious.
          BTW, I am willing to bet that most of the people on this list are real careful about this sort of thing, and many others are not - partly from ignorance, and partly from not giving a darn.

Religion is a touchy topic, and everyone has their own experiences which shape their beliefs, but if I offended somebody, then I apologize.

Comment

if you guys wanna talk false pretentions.....try politics.... actaully....dont... not on this forum.

or try the way folks drive. endangering others lives, or the "me first" attitude.....that "christians", "do gooders"......all walks of life display......

our judicial system....that releases criminals after 1 yr that have killed.......

or........

every day situations, when folks could stop and help someone, or open a door for an elderly person, or offer assitance to a person that needs help....... that dont.

sittin fat and happy.......is that all thats life is about? me me me?

each person chooses the path they wish to take.

thats a persons right.

it may not be "right".....buts its thier "right".

when we first announced we were getting out of the f body scene for our animal rescue operation, which had been our life long dream, i actually got "hate" email.... degrading email....... what kinda crud is that?.........

we all have to live within ourselves. you only get one grab at the golden ring folks. let us not judge one until we walk in ones shoes for a day.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              when we first announced we were getting out of the f body scene for our animal rescue operation, which had been our life long dream, i actually got "hate" email.... degrading email....... what kinda crud is that?.........
              I'm surprised & sorry to hear that!

Comment

Working...
              X