• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with passing inspection

I failed the OBDII test. The following 3 trouble codes came up:

P0161 - O2 sensor heater circuit
    P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
    P1416 - No DTC Definition Located

Does anybody understand what these are. The car seems to be running perfect, however I need to get them corrected in order to pass inspection. Is the dealership going to charge me an arm and a leg to correct this? Please help.

Not too sure about the first one, or last one... I checked my Haynes manual and didn't see either listed.

P0141: 02 sensor heater circuit fault (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
    P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
    P1416: ? Not listed in my haynes

I am guessing that it is a bad 02 sensor. Since I only have a 93-97 Haynes I would just be taking a guess. (mabey bank 1 Sensor 2?) Anybody else agree/disagree?
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Sounds like an after cat sensor. Maybe time to consider the sims.

Comment

The first and second are part of each other
        having a bad second O2 sensor reads incorrectly which in turn says your cat is not working so get the sims or another O2 sensor and you should be setfor the OBD2 test on a car from 200o- up you can have up to ONE readiness indicator fault so if you do what i say above you will cure the two def. and maybe the third
        I LOVE COBRA'S -
        THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

Working...
        X