No announcement yet.

NOS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred - I did send out for the permit, and am on it. I don't plan on using it without all the saftey stuff I still gotta buy. I ordered the inline nitrous filter, and plan on getting the window switch, and also the throttle position switch. The NX RPM window switch comes with 3000 & 6000 pills. What is the stock pcm programmed rpm limiter for my 95 Formula A4 3.23? It shifts into the red with the transgo on the 1-2, but it seems like when it shifts at 70mph, it goes a little early.
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Sounds like a nice setup. I'm running all MB Quarts in mine, 6.5 in the door, tweets in the top of the dash with the dash perforated, 4" in the defroster vent as a center channel, 5.25/tweet plates in the sail panels, 1-10" in a JL stealthbox for sound quality, a removable 3-10" box that slides in the t-top area for db, Directed 1200d5, 2 1-farad digital caps, Pioneer 1.5 din, 50 disc changer, voice activation unit for the radio and changer, XM satellite radio.

My mids are almost 5 years old now, and I'm thinking of going with Diamond Audio this time. You had any experience with them? We used to sell them at a shop I worked for long ago and it seemed nice, but I never got the chance to compare them side by side with Quart stuff.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

The stock rev limiter is about 5,800rpm. I know the exact program values for the M6, but not for the A4. Get a pill that is 200rpm below the stock value, or raise the stock RPM limit.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

OK I'm prepared to be cursed at, but I come from the days of big blocks.... I would never use nitrous in any car I drive or race, I would rather put the money into a monster motor. I don't want my engine sucking on the bottle in order to go fast. I'd rather 'cut the cord' so-to-speak (drink from a cup) and grow some real muscle under the hood, isn't that what "muscle car" stands for? It use to.

I always tell ppl that if the 'juice'' in the bottle is all that gets you goin, then I'm not impressed with your synthetic speed.

SORRY guys, I'm just being honest.

"get bigger, bore it out, blow the intake, a little here a little there, now that's true american muscle"
          Oroan's woman loves her 67' Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Ravven
            OK I'm prepared to be cursed at, but I come from the days of big blocks.... I would never use nitrous in any car I drive or race, I would rather put the money into a monster motor. I don't want my engine sucking on the bottle in order to go fast. I'd rather 'cut the cord' so-to-speak (drink from a cup) and grow some real muscle under the hood, isn't that what "muscle car" stands for? It use to.

I always tell ppl that if the 'juice'' in the bottle is all that gets you goin, then I'm not impressed with your synthetic speed.

"get bigger, bore it out, blow the intake, a little here a little there, now that's true american muscle"
            i come from the bb days too... and dont believe in nos... never had it.....

but.....

trouble is.. in todays times... you cant build a monster motor and put in your "every day crusier"... a little word called "emissions"...... so "computer car" folks have to find ways to beat the system, remain legal, sometimes "fool the dealer for warranty purposes, and be fast... that means superchargers, turbos, and sometimes n0s...... plain and simple.

my wife got sprayed one time by a stang when she raced him on the interstate...... i told her..next time.....chase him down and race him again......and again.......till his juice runs dry....

hahahahahaha

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravven

Different strokes for different folks..... that's what "cars" are all about. I'm happy with my car... I built it for "me".... not to satisfy you or anyone else. If you don't like it, feel free to ridicule me.... it rolls right off my back. Its a shame you can't cope with it.

PS: You might want to edit you "location"... apparently you also grew up in an age when it was OK to be crude.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The only reason I decided on nitrous, was that I could not afford to shell out a large chunk of change up front. I have turmoiled over 383/LT4 N/A, or Procharger P1SC. Nitrous should keep me content for a little while, untill I can save up some dough, and more importantly figure out what my goals are with this engine. This is my daily driver car, and I have to do a moderate amount of traveling for work, so I end up paying for gas and maint. on my car. Seems like a pretty suitable solution to me. This way I can save up this summer/winter, and weigh my options with the plus of having the green to get everything I need at once.

To each his/her own.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Not that I have to give a reason for my decision, but I will so that you (who appear to be from the same state I live in) can understand why some of us bottle boys do what we do.

How much does it cost to do a big block in a 4th gen? Try starting out at about 5,000 bucks if you want to try and stay with EFI, and 2,000 of that is just the FAST system to make it run. You're 5k motor runs the same number as my stock, 22 MPG, "still runs on 87 octane" motor with a bottle. Actually, you'd probably lose, because a $3,000 big block is gonna be filled with cheap parts.

So what am I saying? Dollar for dollar, nitrous is the least expensive way to go fast. Period.
                  "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I would love to gut my 95 camaro and force feed a 454 into it's belly, but being my daiily driver, it's not a race car, so why bother. I will just focus on my 67 'bird. If I put nitrous on it, it would be TOO fast. I couldn't imagine having much fun winning everytime, I like competition, going home after the race to add more horsepower is the fun part of my hobby. If I won all the time, I'd lose interest in the 'game' Why go to the track if you already know your gonna win?
                    Right?

Huntsville sux, it's what every one hear calls it.
                    The only thing goin good is the dragstrip, even it isn't all that at times.

Yes, I'm crude, I have to be when I play with the big boys, I'm no girly girl, I have to make that point so no one thinks they can take advantage of me. My looks tend to get in the way of guys staying focused on the fact that I'm not interested in them, I'm there to race them and make them , LOL
                    Men tend to stare at me rather than my car and it infuriates me.
                    So YES I tend to be crude from the very start to curb the possibility of being hit on. TAKE ME SERIOUSLY! I'm one of the guys, I have a man and am not interested in anyone else.
                    Thank you, I needed to get that out.

Back to cars. I understand your points of putting nitrous on your car, and the money is hard to come by for a muscle machine, believe me I know, I have one, luckily I have become VERY good friends with the folks at AUTO ZONE, they give discounts and freebies cause they know my car is worth it, they like my 'bird and want to see it haul american butt. LOL
                    Raven
                    Oroan's woman loves her 67' Firebird

Comment

Working...
                    X