Stupid NYS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid NYS

So as most of you no i got into a minor accident a few weeks ago and i finaly got my car back this past week and on the front bumper i got , there is no new plate holder. and the dealership orderd one for me that im suposed to have by this coming friday. well doesnt it figure that i go down to the beach last night and sure enough i get a ticket for no front license plate. i really think we should get one plate and have the choice where to put it ...
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

We are supposed to have a front plate here in Wisconsin too. I haven't ever had one on my "hobby" car, and I've never been bothered for it. I do have front plates on my other 2 cars.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

in my town the city cops seem to turn there head about the front LP but if you get out on the highway you can almost count on getting stoped.
      --- 2000 NBM A4 Camaro SS #8156 ---
      3,200VIG, B&M 24K super cooler, Coated race style pacesetters , 3" TSP true duals, TSP Clear lid, SLP Smooth bellows, NX wet kit, CFN bottle heater, dyno tune purge, LS1 Edit, Auto meter & ZEX gauges, 160 thermostat, TB Bypass mod, !EGR & !AIR, Madman PHB & LCA's, NITTO 555R's

Comment

Dont the law makers realize how bad the front plates look!

Comment

^^^ exactly it looks sooo bad up there. the funny thing is my dad has never had one on the front of his svt lighting, and i atleast had mine in the window. he just keeps it in the glovebox
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

i got one too. on 390s. the cop gave me that instead of the 93 in a 65. Glad i had my military id with me, and my desert uniforms! I still have yet to hear from the court, do you know how much it will cost?
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
            Traded in: 1998 Z28
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Re: Stupid NYS

Originally posted by 95z28
              So as most of you no i got into a minor accident a few weeks ago and i finaly got my car back this past week and on the front bumper i got , there is no new plate holder. and the dealership orderd one for me that im suposed to have by this coming friday. well doesnt it figure that i go down to the beach last night and sure enough i get a ticket for no front license plate. i really think we should get one plate and have the choice where to put it ...
              I had the same thing happen to me after my fender bender. The Judge dismissed the charge after I told him the story. Good luck.
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Luckily I have gotten away with it every time, but it has cost me a few PBA cards along the way. I got pulled over last monday for a morning roadside stop (NJ Seatbelt Check), and showed the officer my new plate that was still in the plastic bag. He told me to get it taken care of, I thanked him and left. Wonder if it helps that it says Fallen Police Officers on it. Nice looking plates, cost like $50 upfront, and a $10 a year donation to Fallen Police Officers.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Re: Re: Stupid NYS

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                  I had the same thing happen to me after my fender bender. The Judge dismissed the charge after I told him the story. Good luck.
                  Exactly....just let the judge know what happened and he "should" dismiss it.
                  '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

I had to mail my plea in, i typed it with an 82nd Airborne Division letter head stating that while in Iraq the plate was in storage due to front end work being done to the vehicle while i was gone and that i did not want the plate to get lost. That excuse worked yesterday through a seatbelt check. Hopefully it will work with the court as well.

Comment

well i got the mail today and... 35 fine and 55 surcharge. not too happy.

Comment

man...I got a ticket for having my plate on my dash, in the windshield in sun river (This little resort for hot summers and snowy winters). I guess they needed my money more than me.
                        82 camaro x2:
                        82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
                        82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

Comment

He should but im 18 ... and to be quite honest its to the point where it seems like they look for any thing they can to pull me over.
                          -Nick-
                          95 A4 Z28

Comment

as a friend & i were headed to the track yesterday we saw a state trooper with some one pulled alittle ahead of us. he had just got done with who ever he had stoped. and was getting into his car as we are fixing to pass. well he looked over just as we passed and saw that neither my SS or my friends Z28 had a front plate so he jumps in his car zooms up behind me. im thinkin here we go, then he got over passed me and got behind my buddy and pulled him over. I think he left me alone since i still have the georiga plates on from when i got the car last week. anyways the trooper is training a rookie so hes by the book giving him a ticket for no front plate and a worning for his radar detector. which in texas is legal to have, but the dick said only if its mounted to the dash, his was stuck to the windshild. he tried to get out of it as hes only had the car for like 2 weeks, it didnt come with a front plate, mounting bracket for a front plate, the car dosent even have holes in the front where a plate original was, its never had one! the cop only said " that sounds like something you need to take up with the judge, He He " the ass auctualy laughed.

so now im fixing to order the SLP front holder that tucks it under, are those legal?
                            --- 2000 NBM A4 Camaro SS #8156 ---
                            3,200VIG, B&M 24K super cooler, Coated race style pacesetters , 3" TSP true duals, TSP Clear lid, SLP Smooth bellows, NX wet kit, CFN bottle heater, dyno tune purge, LS1 Edit, Auto meter & ZEX gauges, 160 thermostat, TB Bypass mod, !EGR & !AIR, Madman PHB & LCA's, NITTO 555R's

Comment

Originally posted by 69_YENKO
                              so now im fixing to order the SLP front holder that tucks it under, are those legal?
                              Probably depends on the state. I think Wolfman checked before doing his, and hasn't had any problems. I'd make a print of an example of what you want to do, then check with the state police.
                              '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Working...
                              X