No announcement yet.

What battery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are looking for a "Battery Tender"..... Eastwood Company has them for $45 after a 10% discount. I just picked up an extra one. The local Poop Boys charges $60.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well, after all my bragging about my original Delco battery, it finally crapped out all at once. I was about 25 mi from home and I stopped by the side of the road to take a leak and it wouldn't start. Waited an hour for the 1-800 jumpstart guy to show up, then I was on my way. So I ended up with an Interstate battery in there after 9-1/2 years with the same Delco.

Bright side is that next week I would have been on a 600 mile round trip to the CC Summer Nats in Minnesota, so, in a way, I lucked out.

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
        welp...if you're into saving some money, do this.

I got a battery from Walmart...don't leak or anything, problem free for awhile now...since they have a replacment plan, all you do is save your receipt and you can get a brand new one every two years...

their made by ever-start.

I wanted to get optimas cuz they look cool but everyone I talked to say they suck...and as long as a battery isn't made by exide, I'm cool wit it.

i'm sorry, but personally, i think that's the worst advice ever....i will never, ever, ever buy another everstart battery.....i bought one that lasted for about 1 yr, it died so i got a replacement, it lasted 6 mths, replaced it again, lasted 8 mths....

finally said screw it and paid an extra 20 bux for a Duralast Gold from AutoZone, and it never gave me another problem, up to the time i trade the car in.

yeah, you may get it replaced for free, but that doesn't help you if you're stranded out in the middle of nowhere....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
        CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron4TAMU
          The one I am replacing is an Interstate. The guy that had the car before me probably didn't put the terminal protection on it, and the bolts/terminals where filthy. I got a Duralast Gold from AZ, and the problem starting it when warm is gone now. Thanks for the help everyone.
          as stated above, i have had nothing but good luck with my Duralast Gold's, both in my T-Bird and the car before it.....unless you get a freak defect, you should have no problems for a long time (well, with the battery, anyway... )

i think by the time you're done, you'll pretty much have a whole new car!!!

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
          CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Working...
          X