This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys, I'm Al's brother in law.

Yes I ran 12.46 @ 114.99 with just a cat back on stock F1's. That is it, nothing at all done to it.

Here is my timeslip for that run. Click Click

The car has never been dynoed so I don't know what rwhp it has.

I do have a video of one of my 12.69 @ 112 runs, crappy air that day and it was hot lapped.

Video

Comment

Well, see... right there it is no longer stock. No matter how minor a catback may be, it still adds some power, and you can no longer claim that time to be stock.

Even if it was just the catback, 115 is still one hell of a trap speed... either the track has a bit of a slope to it, or you have one hell of a freak.

I wasn't lying when I posted earlier... most Cobras trap 109-112 stock, and many many drivers have a hard time getting into the 12s because of poor traction. One success story isn't going to change that. Nevertheless, congrats on that time, because it really is awesome.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

OK...you got me there. Didn't realize he changed mufflers. I think a Flowmaster maybe?

Anyway, slope...now that's funny (LOL). Actually, there's usually a 130 mph tailwind when he races, so that must be it (LOL).
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Thanks.

For what it's worth, I did run 12.71 @ 113 with the stock catback. Yes I agree, it maybe a freak, but i'll take it.

And also, some of you Ford haters should read the internet some more(other then GM stuff) and see what Ford can do with an NA OHC motor.

440HP NA 5.0L DOHC in the Mustang GT-R Concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Anyway, slope...now that's funny (LOL). Actually, there's usually a 130 mph tailwind when he races, so that must be it (LOL).
            Well, the track that I went to race at when I first got my car gave me a time of 13.3 @ 109. That was 99.99% stock - the only alteration was a K&N airfilter. Since I have done my mods, and I am now laying down 345 rwhp... my trap speed at a different track was 109 once again.

Now I know there isn't a chance in hell that I didn't gain any power. The car is noticeably quicker and more violent, especially up top.

Maybe the timers were off? I dunno... but something was up with that track, because I know that 109 trap has to be 3 to 5 mph too fast.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              Well, the track that I went to race at when I first got my car gave me a time of 13.3 @ 109. That was 99.99% stock - the only alteration was a K&N airfilter. Since I have done my mods, and I am now laying down 345 rwhp... my trap speed at a different track was 109 once again.

Now I know there isn't a chance in hell that I didn't gain any power. The car is noticeably quicker and more violent, especially up top.

Maybe the timers were off? I dunno... but something was up with that track, because I know that 109 trap has to be 3 to 5 mph too fast.
              Could just be the air on that day or one track is closer to sea level then the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt D
                Could just be the air on that day or one track is closer to sea level then the other.
                Yes and no... some variance, yes... but a 109 trap speed on a bone stock WS6 is very, very high.

Plus I ran the 13.1 @ 109 with 345 rwhp on a low 60-degree evening with no humidity. Both tracks were in Michigan, so I doubt altitude had much of an effect. However, I was looking for high 12s and 111 traps, so maybe you are on to something...

Comment

Thanks.

For what it's worth, I did run 12.71 @ 113 with the stock catback. Yes I agree, it maybe a freak, but i'll take it.

And also, some of you Ford haters should read the internet some more(other then GM stuff) and see what Ford can do with an NA OHC motor.

440HP NA 5.0L DOHC in the Mustang GT-R Concept.
                  No Ford haters here, just GM believers.

Unfortunately your link was to a concept car. Here is a link a a real LS1 car that is currently being driven. A new 535 rwhp and 543 rwtq GTO done my MTI. Assuming a approx. 15% drivetrain loss, that is 629 flywheel HP of a very streetable power curve due to it's very small cam. This motor has the ability to make upwards of 700 HP NA with a bigger cam.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...&highlight=455

How much do you love LS1's now!

Comment

Kevin, I gotta argue this one... that isn't even the stock block. You are talking about a MAJOR money investment there.

Comment

Wasn't arguing money or stock block. The fact remains that it is still a naturally aspirated LS1 daily driver.

Comment

Hurry up and get some fat commision checks Jay! You need this motor in your T/A!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          Hurry up and get some fat commision checks Jay! You need this motor in your T/A!
                          Hehehehe... I am thinking 383 stroker right now.

Is it true that bigger cams are bad for forced induction? Because I think I want to throw a Procharger D-1SC on top of everything to complete the package...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                            Hehehehe... I am thinking 383 stroker right now.

Is it true that bigger cams are bad for forced induction? Because I think I want to throw a Procharger D-1SC on top of everything to complete the package...
                            Well there are what they call blower grinds. These typically have less overlap (higher LSA) and slightly more duration and lift on the exhast side to make the scavenging effect even greater and to get rid of the additional exhaust gases produced by a blower.

Comment

Statements like that are making this thread outlive it's uselfulness. Besides, this is an F-body site and not a Ford site and trolling for controversy will get the same result every time. It's a shame because some of this thread's tech discussion was worthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X