Mustang Kill, I guess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Kill, I guess

Well I dont usually post my losses and kills, But its been a first one in a while. Location : Ny trhuway i87 past tappan zee bridge, 2 am, i see ths lonesome mustang, since iwas in a hurry to get home i flew by him at 85. He cought up and we kinda danced a little back and forth , him in the lead than me. It was a 99 and up GT. Passed the toll, then a perfect straight away, floored it from 85 to 120. He was behind about half a car lentgh, then I let it go, had a passanger. Not bad, i say, for 125k on the clock now. I lost last summer to a 2003 maxima, iguess he was a stick, i was good up to 115, then he kinda just started gaining on me, and passed me by. I wasnt happy, it was a hot and humid night.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Careful racing on the roads....everyone says "keep it on the track" but were all guilty of it. Try not to take any unnecessary risks...there was just a post about 3 teens and a retired man dying in a highspeed accident.
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Well this was middle of the night on a 4 lane highway, with no cars insight. Yeah I rea the article sad, you see it here all the time. But i think my TA is getting old, i had excessive vibration feedback abve 100.
      1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
        Well this was middle of the night on a 4 lane highway, with no cars insight. Yeah I rea the article sad, you see it here all the time. But i think my TA is getting old, i had excessive vibration feedback abve 100.
        driveshaft out of balance.......that was over 100 on the track, right?
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Way to represent the 93's!!!!
          Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Yeah! Finaly some positive feedback, hehe. I know about the repro cautions but I dont do it often, once in a while,.

driveshaft out of balance.......that was over 100 on the track, right?

..ahh yeah, 4 lane track..
            the drive shaft unbalance, is that a factory fault?

Fastbird93 Way to represent the 93's!!!!

Exactly, I feel my year is highly unappreciated.
            1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
              Exactly, I feel my year is highly unappreciated.
              You should stop by the speed density link in my sig. We're a group of 93 guys, growing bigger every day.
              Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

The factory driveshaft is made of steel, and if unbalanced, will cause a vibration at high speeds. Mine was a tiny bit off balance. You could definitely notice it when under heavy acceleration and at high speeds. There was even a technical service bulletin about this problem. The correction is to get the 1LE aluminum driveshaft, which is much lighter. You will actually gain 1 hp and 5-6 ft lbs of torque at the wheels due to less rotating mass. I got mine for $245 including shipping, but that was last year. It might be a few $$ more now. IMHO, it was worth every penny.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Hey Fastbird93 I think I finaly found my purpose ! hehe cool website, little more work and it will be perfect.
                  Thanks for the tip Craig, do you know the part number?
                  1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Yep, it's 10085375. Pace has it for $263.80...last year I got it for $230 + $15 shipping from them. I heard Jason Cromer can get it out the door for ~$220, but that was last year...I do not know if his price has increased as well. Good luck on your search.
                    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                    X