Parking brake adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking brake adjustment

Does anybody know how to adjust the parking brake on our cars? My problem (so to speak) is that to get the parking brake to engage, I have to pull it up until it is almost vertical. Is there a way to adjust it to where it will engage with the handle lower, like when it was new? Thanks in advance.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Hey Todd what's up man?

There is usually an adjuster somewhere along the cable before it splits to two cables to go to either axle. The adjusters usually consist of two nuts that you turn to take up slack in the cable. Hard to explain but you will see what I mean when you get under there. Not exactly sure of the Camaro's configuration as I have only adjusted the one on the MG. Hope this helps.

Coop
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Thanks Coop! How have you been? I will have to see if I can take the console off and look for those nuts.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

no the split is under the car...towards the rear. follow the lines you cna't miss it.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
        X