hurst shifter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurst shifter

Is the optional hurst any good? What is the difference between that and the stock one? Does it allow more accurate shifting (ie getting it into 3rd), and does it have those little bolts to stop the shifter from traveling too far?
    2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

The Hurst Shifter allows you to shift gears much faster than a stock shifter.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

If you mean the SLP Hurst "optional shifter".... its a mixed bag. It is a Hurst shifter, and it is sort of similar to the Hurst "Competition Plus" aftermarket shifter (long since discontinued and replaced with the "Billet Plus"), but it isn't the same. The SLP unit makes you reuse the stock shift lever, with its big flexy rubber bushing, and that where a lot of the sloppiness comes from. The "real" Hurst has a metal lever with no bushing. And, the cover on the SLP unit isn't as heavy as the real Hurst, and there are no stop bolts... at least there were not on the one I got along with the T56 from a friend's 30th SS.

If you want a good aftermarket shifter, with very accurate 2->3 shift, get the Pro 5.0 shifter.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The Pro 5.0 and the B&M Ripper are both really good shifters. I personally like the Pro 5.0 much more. It feels much more solid. And the 2-3 shift is a no-brainer!

Pro 5.0 is even so confident that they have a 30 day money back guarantee. Even if it has been installed. That is impressive.

Comment

Working...
        X