This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of all this c#@p

about how awful some of the prisoners in Iraq have been treated by the Americans....

if hooking up an Iraqi prisoners test!cle$ to a car's battery cables will save 1 American GI's life, then I have just 2 things to say.......

Red is..... + positive

Black is...... - negative

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

"Thank you Sir, may I have another?!"

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
      about how awful some of the prisoners in Iraq have been treated by the Americans....

if hooking up an Iraqi prisoners test!cle$ to a car's battery cables will save 1 American GI's life, then I have just 2 things to say.......

Red is..... + positive

Black is...... - negative

I don't think the polarity really matters at that point.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        I don't think the polarity really matters at that point.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

yeah.. its just fer effect though..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thats the media for you...we wouldn't have the political problems in this country if the media didn't jump all over everything. My big problem with this is
          THE REPORT IS CLASSIFIED! The media got hold of this report from a source who unlawfully disclosed classified information to uncleared people. These are the reasons such information becomes classified so the govt can protect american but instead many many more people will die in Iraq because of the flipping media. I blame Fox News and CNN for buying such information and paying people off to get it. Its damaging the security of our country. CNN is always reporting stories with tidbits of classified info in them....

What you dont see however is the horrible things Iraqis have done to our POW's over the past 11 years. What you dont see is all the american soldiers being mutalated, shot, blown up, and killed by gorilla terrorists and iraqi soldiers. So we captured some people who were trying to kill us. They were abused in prison. I know its wrong and I feel bad for those people but we didn't kill them, they are alive, and this crap happens in prison. Its wrong BUT since when does Iraq follow the Geneva Convetions???
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
            Thats the media for you...we wouldn't have the political problems in this country if the media didn't jump all over everything. My big problem with this is
            THE REPORT IS CLASSIFIED! The media got hold of this report from a source who unlawfully disclosed classified information to uncleared people. These are the reasons such information becomes classified so the govt can protect american but instead many many more people will die in Iraq because of the flipping media. I blame Fox News and CNN for buying such information and paying people off to get it. Its damaging the security of our country. CNN is always reporting stories with tidbits of classified info in them....

What you dont see however is the horrible things Iraqis have done to our POW's over the past 11 years. What you dont see is all the american soldiers being mutalated, shot, blown up, and killed by gorilla terrorists and iraqi soldiers. So we captured some people who were trying to kill us. They were abused in prison. I know its wrong and I feel bad for those people but we didn't kill them, they are alive, and this crap happens in prison. Its wrong BUT since when does Iraq follow the Geneva Convetions???
            Bingo!
            The media is really screwing up this country. The New York Times is perhaps the worst because they report editorial and heresay as news, then all the other news outlets take their lead. I think it is sad that 40% of all Canadian teenagers think the USA is an evil country and 65% of all french teenagers feel the same.

The USA EVIL?? We spend more around the world to help others than all other countries combined. We are responsible for the freedom of dozens of countries. How many people have the French or Canadians freed?? NONE

If everyone hates us so much, I say SCREW EM! Lets just stop helping and see how fast they come back begging us back. No more foreign aid. No more military protection. We'll see how long it takes. They'd be begging us back in a few weeks. It would be pathetic. Our generosity is being taken for granted big time.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              The USA EVIL?? We spend more around the world to help others than all other countries combined. We are responsible for the freedom of dozens of countries. How many people have the French or Canadians freed?? NONE

If everyone hates us so much, I say SCREW EM! Lets just stop helping and see how fast they come back begging us back. No more foreign aid. No more military protection. We'll see how long it takes. They'd be begging us back in a few weeks. It would be pathetic. Our generosity is being taken for granted big time.

AMEN to that bro...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Bingo!
                The media is really screwing up this country. The New York Times is perhaps the worst because they report editorial and heresay as news, then all the other news outlets take their lead. I think it is sad that 40% of all Canadian teenagers think the USA is an evil country and 65% of all french teenagers feel the same.

We'd save a lot of money...a lot of lives...being in the military i totally agree i think you hit that on the head.

We really should stop taking over the world though...
                -Rico

98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD

Comment

We really should stop taking over the world though...
                  Just curious, what country in the world have we taken over from a ruthless dictator and didn't turn it back over to the people of the country within a few years.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Just curious, what country in the world have we taken over from a ruthless dictator and didn't turn it back over to the people of the country within a few years.
                    I was just going to say the same thing. Show me one country the USA has conquered and taken as its own. It's not like we gain a new state every few years. It's been 50 for quite a few years now.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I say we "blow the ******* up." ...annihilate the whole region and be done with it. Personally, I am tired of their cr@p. We shouldn't give them one dime until they get their stuff together and stop the insanity. And, yes, the media must create controversy to boost their ratings. We are not talking about gruesome torture here, a little humiliation yes, but we are not the ones beheading POWs and civilians on video. Kinda s**** that people, companies, and government officials are willing to sell out the safety of both our citizens and fighting men for their own personal gain. ...don't get me started on those lovely people in our country protesting the whole thing; I hope it is their loved ones blown up in the next attack if we don't take action as Bush has done.

Bush said that the war on terror was going to be long, difficult, and sacrifices must be made. We are talking about human beings in our armed forces with the same faults as we all have...indiscretion happens. Lets move on... It seams to me that progress is being made in this conflict, reprimand the individuals responsible for the prison conduct and move on. Although, I doubt our lovely media will ever let that happen especially in an election year. For years we have been ignoring this explosive problem in the Middle East; if we don't continue the struggle, it will get worse. If we back off from our current policy, God help us. We have all of these bleeding hearts who think Bush is a tyrant and that we can just have peace..."wake up and take a dose of reality!" ...we are dealing with a culture who does not want peaceful coexistence but control. They battle the world and themselves for this control. They lost their empire in a internal struggle for this control. That is what we are dealing with, and they will kill anybody in their way for control It is fanatical, it doesn't make sense to us. It is just there and we have to do our best to combat it...period!
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                        I say we "blow the ******* up." ...annihilate the whole region and be done with it. Personally, I am tired of their cr@p. We shouldn't give them one dime until they get their stuff together and stop the insanity. And, yes, the media must create controversy to boost their ratings. We are not talking about gruesome torture here, a little humiliation yes, but we are not the ones beheading POWs and civilians on video. Kinda s**** that people, companies, and government officials are willing to sell out the safety of both our citizens and fighting men for their own personal gain. ...don't get me started on those lovely people in our country protesting the whole thing; I hope it is their loved ones blown up in the next attack if we don't take action as Bush has done.

Bush said that the war on terror was going to be long, difficult, and sacrifices must be made. We are talking about human beings in our armed forces with the same faults as we all have...indiscretion happens. Lets move on... It seams to me that progress is being made in this conflict, reprimand the individuals responsible for the prison conduct and move on. Although, I doubt our lovely media will ever let that happen especially in an election year. For years we have been ignoring this explosive problem in the Middle East; if we don't continue the struggle, it will get worse. If we back off from our current policy, God help us. We have all of these bleeding hearts who think Bush is a tyrant and that we can just have peace..."wake up and take a dose of reality!" ...we are dealing with a culture who does not want peaceful coexistence but control. They battle the world and themselves for this control. They lost their empire in a internal struggle for this control. That is what we are dealing with, and they will kill anybody in their way for control It is fanatical, it doesn't make sense to us. It is just there and we have to do our best to combat it...period!
                        blunt, and to the point. I like to say we are "taking out the trash" We are the only county in the world with the power to do it, and people hate us because we get to decide what stays and what goes. Talk about power. The power is here. I think we do a good job managing it though. We could literally conquer the world if we wanted. Rape every country of everything they have... all their wealth and natural resources. BUT WE DONT, because we are a good peaceloving country with morals. And now we get demonized for being nice and trying to help.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

I was just going to say the same thing. Show me one country the USA has conquered and taken as its own. It's not like we gain a new state every few years. It's been 50 for quite a few years now.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Camaro4-2

Bingo!

In WWII, our fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers saved the world from the Nazis and the Empire of Japan. I won't chronicle the prisoner and civilian abuse; we all know the story. How did we act, we spent millions (The Marshall Plan) to rebuild these countries as well as our allies. In addition, we have spent billions if not trillions defending our allies over the last half century plus breaking down the "Iron Curtain" erected in the Cold War.

We are now faced with a region who has killed thousands of Americans...mostly civilians over the last 40 years in cowardly terrorist attacks. It finally hit home in a big way with September 11th. How would any of these protesting countries respond if 3000+ civilians were murdered at one time in their country. The United States declared war on terrorists as well as Government's who support and harbor terrorists. I think this is well within our right. AND, just like in WWII, we will rebuild the war torn countries of this war. It is crazy. It is beyond rational thought that these insurgents in Iraq would disrupt the rebuilding process...just plan crazy. I could really care less about the home movies of the prisoner embarrassments...they still have their head and their health.

Anyhow, this country's history in the 20th century proves defense and rebuild. We don't act until acted upon, and we give plenty of warning before we do strike. Like many have said in this thread, how would other countries handle the power that we have entrusted to us? The fact that we look toward the moral implication of conflict shows how great this country is. ...it is not about something that we want to do; it always about something that we must do.
                          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I was mostly kidding i forgot to add the " " at the end of that.

Your right but there are some affairs that we dont always need to go play police in all the time...we have a lot of domestic problems that we could be using that manpower and money to fix. I understand why lack of democarcy in the world threatens our peace...Not to be selfish but what do we get out of it...we pretty much occupying the entire middle east region...yet gas prices are higher than ever and on the rise....ironically about that comment...there was one country we didn't give back to its people...it was America. heh funny to think about though...anywho i'm on y'alls side...i've fought in the beginning of this war over there...
                            -Rico

Comment

I was mostly kidding i forgot to add the " " at the end of that.

Your right but there are some affairs that we dont always need to go play police in all the time...we have a lot of domestic problems that we could be using that manpower and money to fix. I understand why lack of democarcy in the world threatens our peace...Not to be selfish but what do we get out of it...we pretty much occupying the entire middle east region...yet gas prices are higher than ever and on the rise....ironically about that comment...there was one country we didn't give back to its people...it was America. heh funny to think about though...anywho i'm on y'alls side...i've fought in the beginning of this war over there...

At the end of WWI, the U.S. looked inward and left the world to do its own thing. Well, that didn't work out so well...it left a vacumn...the U.S. should have been more forceful knowing the Treaty of Versailles was flawed as well as take its place as a new world power. At the end of WWII, the U.S. said never again. It has been a rocky road. Some policies worked great; some haven't. Overall, the U.S. is a stabilizing force world-wide. However, there are many countries and groups who don't want this stabilizing effect...they want to mix things up a bit (like the mid-east). In addition, there are those more advanced nations who resent that we have the power in the first place. It is a tuff place to be. However, I guarantee that if the U.S. didn't maintain a strong foreign policy and presence, the world would change drastically. Honestly, the problems that we face in the mid-east are due to stupid policy in the past which include both post-colonial European policy after WWI and the lack of action by the U.S. in the last thirty years. It was all exacerbated by the Cold War. The Cold War created a lot of messes that we need to clean up; but at the time, there was no other choice. It is difficult, but we can't deny our role in the world as well as we can't ignore that others want to knock us off our hill for a variety of reasons.

Gas prices are caused by locking down our own resources, bad energy policy, and special interest politics on the previously two mentioned items.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X