subframe and relcaion brackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subframe and relcaion brackets

so along with the mods i have now, i was thinking about some subframe connectors and lower control arm relocation brackets, im looking to go the cheap route, where is the best place to purchase them, and will i see a difference in the ride and performance from my car?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I got my sub-frame connectors from Don Goetz great product and service
    he can be contacted here dgoetz3@cinci.rr.com
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

how much did they cost,were they bolt on or weld on and wut is the difference
      1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Funny you say that about the relocation brackets. I just got done putting mine in! Along with new lower control arms. I bought them from lmperformance. I've noticed a great increase in traction already. My car is lowered, so the brackets were way off and now the arms sit parallel to the ground like they are supposed to. Install was very easy as well. The hardware kit, was well worth it, the old bolts were rusty and a pain to get off, so I'm glad I did not reuse them. I had a lift for my install, used two types, so I didn't have to use jackstands or ramps. I plan on taking it to the track shortly, within a few weeks, so I can let you know results of that. If you need help with the install, installuniversity.com has good instructions with pictures. If your car is 98 or newer you have to cut the e-brake bracket, no big deal, the dremel came in good use. I believe if its 97 or older you have to cut one of the caliper weights, thats on bmr's website. bmrfabricatoin.com Again, this is the route I took, here's what I used:

Brackets, bolt on.
        Control Arms
        Hardware Kit
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
          how much did they cost,were they bolt on or weld on and wut is the difference
          Don makes bolt on must folks say the weld on are better and that is probaly true but I want the ability to put the car back to factory they make a HUGE difference 98% of the creaks and rattles ard gone and the handeling cannot be described you just have to drive a F-body with subframe connectors to feel the diff you would need to contact Don for the current pricing

MY 02c if you dont have sub-frame connecto0rs get them !!
          1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
          1 of 463
          LT4 knock module
          D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
          strut tower brace
          SLP fan switch
          160* t/stat
          Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
          DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
            so along with the mods i have now, i was thinking about some subframe connectors and lower control arm relocation brackets, im looking to go the cheap route, where is the best place to purchase them, and will i see a difference in the ride and performance from my car?
            Hello,
            I would like to work with you if you would be interested. We are a site sponsor, we carry both the weld-in SFC's as well as the weld-in relocation brackets. All products are a 100% quality and satisfaction guaranteed. I will list a few prices below, please contact me by email if you would be interested in pics or info, I have plenty to send. Thanks for your time.

Boxed Weld-In SFC's- $139.99
            Weld-In Relocation Brackets- $59.95
            Ryan
            Owner of-
            UMI Performance Inc-
            Manufacture of:
            F-body Chassis & Suspension Upgrades

sales@umiperformance.com

www.umiperformance.com

Comment

Working...
            X