Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Missouri votes by a 71% margin to ban same sex marriages.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeWynter
    you dont see gay animals with babies.

Now thats funny.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      ...... I DO hate what they do, and especially hate the fact that they are trying to impose it on America. If gays want to live together, thats their problem. They shouldnt expect special rights and priveliges for their perversion.
      They are not trying to impose anything on you or the country. They just want some rights that they currently do not have. You don't have to do anything so it doesn't involve you, does it (besides you not agreeing with it)?

Somewhere in the history somebody decided that a man and a woman belong together and they can get married and every thing else is perverse as you say. I have a feeling you can find it in the bible first and we get into religion which is a whole other topic to get everybody going.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
        You don't have to do anything so it doesn't involve you, does it (besides you not agreeing with it)?
        If someone decides to rob a bank, that doesnt involve anyone here, but it is still wrong and should be stopped. It hurts the bank and the victims.

Gay marriage hurts the family. Children and families are the victims.

Allowing gay marriage would give it acceptance and that acceptance would lead to children getting hurt as many more "married" gays tried to raise them in homosexual households. Can you honestly see a kid growing up in that environment and not getting all messed up in the head? Maybe a few couples are capable of raising a kid normally, but I dont think the majority could.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          If someone decides to rob a bank, that doesnt involve anyone here, but it is still wrong and should be stopped. It hurts the bank and the victims.

Gay marriage hurts the family. Children and families are the victims.

Allowing gay marriage would give it acceptance and that acceptance would lead to children getting hurt as many more "married" gays tried to raise them in homosexual households. Can you honestly see a kid growing up in that environment and not getting all messed up in the head? Maybe a few couples are capable of raising a kid normally, but I dont think the majority could.
          Tracy you got a point there. Allthough how many kids are getting messed up in "regular" families with a man and a women as the parents?

Like I said before, I'm not big on the children being part of gay marriages. It was written here that they would want the ALL the same rights (having children, ....) like oposite sex married couples.

So I guess I kind of backtrack from what I've been saying (they should be able to do what they want) and say that they should be aloud to get married but shouldn't have children.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Tracy you got a point there. Allthough how many kids are getting messed up in "regular" families with a man and a women as the parents?

Like I said before, I'm not big on the children being part of gay marriages. It was written here that they would want the ALL the same rights (having children, ....) like oposite sex married couples.

So I guess I kind of backtrack from what I've been saying (they should be able to do what they want) and say that they should be aloud to get married but shouldn't have children.
            I agree. As long as they are not hurting anyone... let them do as they please.

The problem is that you cannot say they can get married, but then disallow them from adopting kids. It would never fly... So the only way to deal with it is to ban it.

That is why I say they should be able to for a "union". It would give them health and death benefits, but not allow for adoption.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

If we could all do what we want, that may become a bit of an issue. Thats why we have laws. Changing the the definition of marriage will effect everyone else that is married. What if I wanted 5 wives? Should I be able to do that? What if I wanted to marry my pet rock? Marriage, by definition, is a man becoming one with a WOman. Dont get me wrong, I dont hate gays. They should be allowed the same rights as everyone else. And they are certianly allowed to enter into marriage as it intended to be (a man and woman). That is everyones right....... I DO hate what they do, and especially hate the fact that they are trying to impose it on America. If gays want to live together, thats their problem. They shouldnt expect special rights and priveliges for their perversion.

GO Missouri!!!
              Hit it on the head. I have nothing against gays either, but If a bunch of people fell in love with their cousins, or a bunch of people fell in love with their cattle, should we make that legal too....you made some good poings man.
              -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
              98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
              98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
              94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Washinton just upheld their law allowing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/04/wa....ap/index.html
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                  Washinton just upheld their law allowing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/04/wa....ap/index.html
                  Here we go with judges "legislating from the bench". Lets see them put it to a referendum. I bet a vast majority are against it. What a coward.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

But if it is truly unconstitutional (I'm not saying it is, just putting this out there) then don't the judges have the responsibility to uphold it? If it's unconctitutional, then it should never even make it to a vote. Just because it's popular doesn't make it right.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                      Just because it's popular doesn't make it right.
                      This is true. This whole pop-culture gay thing is becomming a trendy "fad" in schools believe it or not. Talking to some seniors from my chruch and meeting some "openly gay" students theres an alarming number of kids who think they are gay(maybe they are). I know 5 openly "lesbian" 16-18 year old girls. Its almost like its cool thing to do and the group out there wanting to be non-conformists take part in this kind of thing too. Ask your kids about it...I know there was like 1 gay person in my school when I graduated...now everyones gay...Again I really dont have a problem with homosexuality but its becomming a pop-culture kind of thing...

remember when everyone thought they grew up in the ghetto and acted and dressed in that way...yea that was what was cool when I was in school...its always something...gotta think about how were molding the youth...
                      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

They are not trying to impose anything on you or the country.
                        They are trying to impose their belief system and an agenda that will eventually destroy family values as we know them.

They just want some rights that they currently do not have.
                        They currently have the same rights as anyone else in this country.....to marry a person of the opposite sex. If they want to marry the same sex, they are asking for SPECIAL rights to accomodate their perversion.

You don't have to do anything so it doesn't involve you, does it (besides you not agreeing with it)?
                        It involves me very much when the union that I have with my wife is threatened. Marriage is a covenant between a man, woman, and God. IF they want to live they way they live, dont ask me, the government, or the church to edorse it by callling it marriage....call it something else.

Somewhere in the history somebody decided that a man and a woman belong together and they can get married and every thing else is perverse as you say.
                        Yea, that "somebody" is God. Where do you think the whole idea came from?

I have a feeling you can find it in the bible first and we get into religion which is a whole other topic to get everybody going.
                        Your right, its pretty clear, according to God, it is sin. Its no different than the sin you and I commit......but Im not asking for a stamp of approval on that either.

1 Corinthians 6:8

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor HOMOSEXUALS, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
                        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

...Why would anyone want to subject a child to a life without a solid set of parents - an input from both a mother and father....the way God intended it to be. It really boils down to selfishness, which is the driving force of the gay agenda..... "If I want a child, I should have one no matter what".......I want, I should have, etc... It really is sad that this is even a debate.
                          Yes, it's selfishness with the kids. My thoughts exactly. Trying to tell everyone that their behavior & lifestyle is normal for them, therefore NORMAL for society and everyone should accept it. I'm tired of hearing that crap. It's aberrant behavior, and society will not benefit from it in any sense.

One major problem with homosexual marriages is benefits. Two men living together probably make a good living and have a decent lifestyle. Meanwhile, each might be eligible for benefits that they might not normally have been entitled to. These benefits were meant for husband & wife so the family could raise the kids and the wife & kids would be taken care of. Now, there are a lot of working couples lately, but in many cases the wife has a lesser paying job maybe with less or no benefits - this is usually supplemented by the father's company. I'm speaking in general terms here.

Now some want to have benefits for homosexual partners (not even married). This opens the door to benefits for anybody with a roommate. Some local & state governments are starting to pass this type of legislature. Free health care for live-in friends. Paid for, in some cases, by the state (you).

Kids - they WILL be influenced by homosexual parents. They have a lesser chance of growing up normally. It is absolutely not fair to the kids to let homosexuals adopt. Is it better than growing up in a crack house? Sure. But unless there is no chance of placing the kids in a home, it shouldn't even be considered. People are adopting kids from other countries, and adopting kids with severe handicaps, so I can't believe that there isn't a home for normal kids somewhere.

If homosexuals just wanted to exist quietly, no one would mind. But to have them force the rest of us to accept them publicly is wrong. That's why, as far back as you look in history, they were persecuted. Sometimes the laws were worse then others depending on the act they were caught at, but many times they were put to death - especially in the UK & Europe which was largely Christains & Jews. The Germans would actually kill them and sink them into the pete bogs. They're still popping up over there perfectly preserved - a lot of them were done that way. On the other hand, some ancient societies accepted boy-boy or man-boy love as normal like Japan, Italy, & Greece. Most societies consider it bad behavior.

Hollywood has a lot of homosexuals, and they use their media exposure to further their agenda. It's becoming real obvious in TV programming. One thing you can count on - it'll get worse before it gets better. Then someday there will be a backlash against them. It always happens in cycles. Society gets decadent, then it leans back towards puritanism. It takes a lot of years for all this to happen. I am sorry I am living in a time of declining morals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                            Yes, it's selfishness with the kids. My thoughts exactly. Trying to tell everyone that their behavior & lifestyle is normal for them, therefore NORMAL for society and everyone should accept it. I'm tired of hearing that crap. It's aberrant behavior, and society will not benefit from it in any sense.

One major problem with homosexual marriages is benefits. Two men living together probably make a good living and have a decent lifestyle. Meanwhile, each might be eligible for benefits that they might not normally have been entitled to. These benefits were meant for husband & wife so the family could raise the kids and the wife & kids would be taken care of. Now, there are a lot of working couples lately, but in many cases the wife has a lesser paying job maybe with less or no benefits - this is usually supplemented by the father's company. I'm speaking in general terms here.

Now some want to have benefits for homosexual partners (not even married). This opens the door to benefits for anybody with a roommate. Some local & state governments are starting to pass this type of legislature. Free health care for live-in friends. Paid for, in some cases, by the state (you).

Kids - they WILL be influenced by homosexual parents. They have a lesser chance of growing up normally. It is absolutely not fair to the kids to let homosexuals adopt. Is it better than growing up in a crack house? Sure. But unless there is no chance of placing the kids in a home, it shouldn't even be considered. People are adopting kids from other countries, and adopting kids with severe handicaps, so I can't believe that there isn't a home for normal kids somewhere.

If homosexuals just wanted to exist quietly, no one would mind. But to have them force the rest of us to accept them publicly is wrong. That's why, as far back as you look in history, they were persecuted. Sometimes the laws were worse then others depending on the act they were caught at, but many times they were put to death - especially in the UK & Europe which was largely Christains & Jews. The Germans would actually kill them and sink them into the pete bogs. They're still popping up over there perfectly preserved - a lot of them were done that way. On the other hand, some ancient societies accepted boy-boy or man-boy love as normal like Japan, Italy, & Greece. Most societies consider it bad behavior.

Hollywood has a lot of homosexuals, and they use their media exposure to further their agenda. It's becoming real obvious in TV programming. One thing you can count on - it'll get worse before it gets better. Then someday there will be a backlash against them. It always happens in cycles. Society gets decadent, then it leans back towards puritanism. It takes a lot of years for all this to happen. I am sorry I am living in a time of declining morals.
                            Bingo! Couldn't have said it better myself.

The devils best trick is convincing you that he is pure!

Comment

It involves me very much when the union that I have with my wife is threatened. Marriage is a covenant between a man, woman, and God. IF they want to live they way they live, dont ask me, the government, or the church to edorse it by callling it marriage....call it something else.

I used to take the same stance, and argue symantics as well. "Why not just call it something else?" - I argued...

The reason is that the word marriage can trace its roots back to cultures before or apart from God. The very word "marriage" itself is not a Holy word. It didn't come from the Old Testament, it was around long before that. The Christian/Jewish religions adopted it to be their own word to mean a union of God, man, and woman... it wasn't always so.

While I agree with your morals, I don't agree with your stance on this... it's a bit too hard line. Especially when you highlight other words from that passage from Corinthians.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Look, allowing gay marriage isn't going to change their lifestyles. They're gay. Plain and simple. I applaud your desire to maintain family values, but to be perfectly honest, I cannot find any grounds to outlaw gay marriage besides religious ones. And we know how crucial it is to keep church and state seperate.
                              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                                I cannot find any grounds to outlaw gay marriage besides religious ones. And we know how crucial it is to keep church and state seperate.
                                What about the children issue? You would endorse married gays raising adopted children? I think that is NUTS! Kids have a hard enough time already... Lets not throw them into these situations also. That alone is enough reason for me to say no, all religion aside.
                                Tracy
                                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                                Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X