Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did this become the political discussion board?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i avoid the politics for the most part. yall must notice that? !!

shall we ban political posts?

the one diff in this forum vs most of the other f body forums is the level heads of the members........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well, a lot of boards will have menus for the different topic classifications, but we just lump ours all together. Instead of having a Lounge, our off topic posts get mixed in with our technical discussions. I don't see the big deal.

Some of us see that they stopped making our cars in 02, LT1 aftermarket parts have peaked a while ago, some of us are spent out, and as you can see, half these guys got cars that are broke. They are just passing time with their internet friends & acquaintences. The upcoming election has the nation divided, and a lot of people are anxious about what is going to happen with the election, terrorism, & the economy in the next few months. I think that's why you are seeing an increase in off topic discussions. - Peace.

Comment

We are merely speaking on behalf of our opinions. Like Kevin said above, our current events involving a presidential election year are in most peoples minds every day. Some wish to discuss it here to pass the time. Some choose not to discuss it. That is their perogative. Like the mods said, this is why we have the "NFB" in front off-topic threads so that someone that is not interested may skip over them.

As far as the lock-happy mods, I don't see any reason for the recent political threads to be locked? As long as everyone maintains a civil nature without flaming, there shouldn't be any reason to lock a thread just because it "might" turn personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
          Fred, I meant no insult and was only expressing my viewpoint as so many others have done here recently. Most of the moderators of this forum openly supported the ideas put forth in the John Kerry thread, and in the past have been quick to close potentially dangerous threads. To me it's an inconsistancy to leave this particular thread going, and I have to question the motives behind it. It wasn't meant as an attack on any one moderator, more of an urge to close the thread because I don't think anything is being accomplished by it and lots could be hurt.
          My point is don't tar & feather all the moderators with the same brush. It is wrong to put people in compartments and classify them based on a single word under their screen name. Treat people as individuals.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Dave ironically you started another off topic debate thread...instead of politics its still a question of freedom with the same overtones the kerry and gay marrage thread had...

"If we want to have off topic converstaions we should be able to"
            "If you dont its your right to not read them"
            sounds like...
            "gays should be able to get married if they want to"
            "if you dont approve dont get married to someone of the same sex"
            Sorry dave but you have to appreciate the irony...heh
            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X