Finally got Ram-Air installed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the blanking plate that came with the SLP hood/airbox setup:

And I see that the little piece of flex duct is still there opening up to the bumper. Thought it was gone, but I guess not
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks for the picture Fred. It almost looks like you cut off what was sticking out. The whole thing is probably fastened underneath somewhere and you would have to take half the front end apart to remove it.

I'll probably try to cut it since it doesn't look bad that way and like you said it'll keep some cool air coming in.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I might have removed it after I took that picture, when I pulled the front bumper cover off to remove the crash pad.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Can anyone tell me where to go to get an airbox to make my hood functional?

Comment

What car do you have and what kind of hood?
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
              Thanks Taso.

Still got some more work to do before it looks as sharp as yours. How are those blackout lenses holding up in the back?
              The blackouts are still holding up. When I just put them on for the first time I was scared at first, thinking if I hit a pot hole or bump on the road they would fly off, but nothing like that ever happened.

All you need now is the rims & the front and back blackouts and we'd be twins
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                The blackouts are still holding up. When I just put them on for the first time I was scared at first, thinking if I hit a pot hole or bump on the road they would fly off, but nothing like that ever happened.

All you need now is the rims & the front and back blackouts and we'd be twins
                What would we be called? The Trans Am Brothers?

Not sure about the blackouts yet. Still wondering if I should get some of that night shade and paint them. But like you guys said, if the cops don't like it I'm screwed. With the lenses I could just pull them off.

Well that's me, just over analyzing everything to death before I do it. Same goes for the wheels, allthough there it's more of a cash issue and I think a new drive shaft or cat back would have priority.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                X