No announcement yet.

Tranny leaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for everybodies suggestions and comments.

I brought the T/A in today to have them look at it.

And the winner is .......... Tracy with the "dreaded intake leak".

It's currently being fixed so hopefully it'll all be fine by the time they are done with it.

What is next on the notorious failure list? I had the one head light gear strip and now the intake leak.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Best guess would be the EGR valve or waterpump is destined to fail. Mine both went at 40K. Hopefully it won't be the dreaded opti-spark!!

Comment

well your lucky i had the inatke leak and the rear main seal fixed at the same time at around 90,000 miles. it ran me $400 for both..ouch....i've also replaced the fuel pump at 105,000 miles $fuel pump $197 and $100 labor... ac delco unit....and water pump and driver side radiator plastic tank around 80,000 miles $150 bucks.....
        good luck who knows whats next....aint it sweet...
        ed
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I'm only at 48000 miles. But then it sits in the garage a lot. Sure it's not too good for a car either not to be driven or run for over 6 months.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
            Thanks for everybodies suggestions and comments.

I brought the T/A in today to have them look at it.

And the winner is .......... Tracy with the "dreaded intake leak".

It's currently being fixed so hopefully it'll all be fine by the time they are done with it.

What is next on the notorious failure list? I had the one head light gear strip and now the intake leak.
            *blush*
            and you doubted me!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
            X