No announcement yet.

How fast do ricers want to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well ,we all know you won . dont sweat it!!!
    Miss My Bird

Comment

Originally posted by pwmin
      the sad thing is that statement is true. vtec helps some, but it comes in too late a lot of times to be effective, especially on the street. the highest hp rating on an rx-8 comes at about 500 rpm before the red line.

the RX8 is rotory...i don't think it has varible valve timing either.

VTEC usually are tagged on Hondas only...Toyota got VVTL-i...Caddilac got VVT...Mitsu got MIVAC...

Rice has VTEC on everything...go figure. but yeah...HP comes in quite high...S2000 Redlines at 9K and max HP is at 8700

LS1 are pretty high too...5200 when we redline at 6000

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

the rx 8 is a rotary, it has no valves, no cam, no rods. just rotors, rotor shaft, apex seals, and ports
        2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
        1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
        past rides:
        1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
        2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
        1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
        2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
        2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
        1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
        1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

If he was smart enough to realize that his doors were just "Blown away" he would have been smart enough to have a "Real" Muscle car .

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
            Usually they've never felt the power of a car like yours...so they really have no frame of reference...they are retarded, and they know their cars suck so they will hold on to anything to keep some kind of self worth...
            This is true most times. Most of these kids see the Hondas and Mitsus in the movies and think that if they bolt a big muffler and a cold air intake on - they've got a fast car now. They think they spent 300 bucks on their v-tec and they are invincible. At 16 or 17, I had no idea what a fast car was. Even though I babied it, I thought my 69 GTO was the fastest thing on the road. After a few more years experience and a few more rides in faster cars, I realized the GTO was just torquey and able to burn tires - not FAST. As I moved on to my 88 Formula 350, I realized what kind of time and money goes into building a truly fast car. That car was quick, but I still got beat up a lot. Even now, as I drive my current car I know theres always someone out there to blow my doors off........and it could be a honda.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

yeah my first car was a 92 Lexus SC400 (it was 10 years old at the time). I thought it was a race car, you know, V8 and everything (haha 250hp V8). And thought it was bad A$$ when i got a muffler for it (However not a fart pipe muffler, actually sounded decent due to the V8 haha). Thought it was bad to the bone cuz i could burn out in rain! and thought i was fast when i could chirp the passenger rear tire when i gunned it goin around a sharp right hand turn! oh man...the good ol days when you wanted to burn rubber! Now you sometimes spend thousands to not burn rubber. But then I sold that and bought my 01 SS and was enlightened as to what real muscle felt like. Now im about to be "enlightened" as to what "real muscle" feels like with some forced induction! wooo hooooo! I bought some MAC headers and complete exhaust system for it as well so now ill sound fast too!!!
              2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
              "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

As a lover of all potentially fast cars and owner of several toys I can tell you that most ricers aren't that fast, but a hell of a lot of fun on short tracks and extremely cheap. However, some of the ricers are for real go fast cars. Cars such as the Toyo supra, Nissan Skyline and 300zx, Mazda RX-7, and Acura NSX will more oft than not beat a a stock f-body. The people who drive these kind of vehicles though are not the same idiots who drive the FF ricers that have become so annoying of late. These cars are heavily priced in most cases and are driven by more sophisticated drivers such as myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinister TA
                  As a lover of all potentially fast cars and owner of several toys I can tell you that most ricers aren't that fast, but a hell of a lot of fun on short tracks and extremely cheap. However, some of the ricers are for real go fast cars. Cars such as the Toyo supra, Nissan Skyline and 300zx, Mazda RX-7, and Acura NSX will more oft than not beat a a stock f-body. The people who drive these kind of vehicles though are not the same idiots who drive the FF ricers that have become so annoying of late. These cars are heavily priced in most cases and are driven by more sophisticated drivers such as myself.
                  I would not put my money on a 300zx or a RX-7. As for the NSX it would BARELY beat a stock f-body and for $90,000, no thanks. Of course i'm assuming you mean stock vs. stock.
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                  X