No announcement yet.

Anyone else HATE Vipers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not really in the Viper fan club, but it is a nice car. My biggest compliant of that car is the sticker price for what it is. That car has little on the Z06 and it will have little or nothing on the Z06 replacement all for about 30%-40% more in cost. I think the new Ford GT(40) is a true supercar and it justifies the price. If I had $80-$90K to drop on a car, then I would have the extra $60K to get the GT40. That car puts both the Viper and Z06 to shame. The Viper is a great car, but unfortunately it is a lot more hype with an inflated sticker price...I think that is probably the core of your complaint as well. I am also not one to advertise. I have nothing to prove and I prefer not to be seen. If it was in the same price range as the Z06, that would be a totally different story. I could probably go out and buy a C6 if I sold a couple cars, but the Viper is out of my range. If the C6 Z06 replacement and the Viper were in the same price range, I would seriously look at both of them.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I won't disparage the Viper, but if I had the money, I would rather have a ZL1 GMMG Camaro. The 600HP version would have no problem dusting off a Viper
      Dave S
      2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Why doesn't anyone talk about the newest vipers? I think that 11.7 in the 1/4 is outstanding. Not to mention it is better in all areas then the 2nd generations (except the looks). Better handling, areodynamics, hp. No one seems to say anything about it though. How come? And i think $80,000 is a great price for what the viper is capable of.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

They don't make hardtops anymore and the convertible tops are known to get ripped off at high speeds. Not to mention the new ones are ugly as hell. My dad who's obsessed with Vipers cringes at the though of the new ones. It runs an 11.7 in the quarter but then again, the motor is almost 500 cubic inches. Any rumors about Vipers handling poorly, get them out of your head. My dad took me down some rediculous turns and curves and the tires didn't even attempt to break loose. They didn't screetch or squeel once either. I don't see any point in buying a car brand spankin new. Cars gain depreciation value fast. Especially American cars. There are 98 GTS's in the paper for mid to low $40k range with low mileage. Alright, so maybe someone ripped on it. A car like that is made for that specific reason though. Just thinking of getting it already broken in and for thousands less
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

If there was a completely stock Z06 and a completely stock Viper side by side and someone said I could have one I would definately take the Z06, heck even a base Vette. I just love the shape and styling of the Vette wayyy more than a Viper. Viper's look like big cat fish. Their styling doesnt speak to me and cries out "Trying too hard." The only thing, to me, that they have is a powerful engine. I like them ok, but the Corvette is 100X better. And the new Viper looks riced out, big time.
            97 SS #C007
            Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
            SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Just for fun, here are my two babies sitting together. Well, before I got rid of them.

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Does anyone like the new C6 vette? If you do, then you must like the new viper. Take a look at them both, they are styled almost exactly the same. Its almost like chevy ripped off the viper's designs. Not saying they did, but they look a lot a like. And since dodge released they're car first, you have to give them the edge.

I do like the old viper's design way better, but i still like the new ones. But its not like they just got ugly, the design is aerodynamically (sorry if spelling is wrong) better. It gets two thumbs up from me

P.S. great lookin cars norm
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                  Does anyone like the new C6 vette? If you do, then you must like the new viper. Take a look at them both, they are styled almost exactly the same. Its almost like chevy ripped off the viper's designs. Not saying they did, but they look a lot a like. And since dodge released they're car first, you have to give them the edge.

I do like the old viper's design way better, but i still like the new ones. But its not like they just got ugly, the design is aerodynamically (sorry if spelling is wrong) better. It gets two thumbs up from me

P.S. great lookin cars norm
                  I agree. I don't care for the new Viper SRT10s. I had one on order and I backed out. I think they look like a Honda S2000 on steroids.

I have a C6 Coupe on order and a C6 Z06 preordered. Matter of fact, Kevin from the plant called me today to give me a tentative timeframe, my VIN and my sequence number.
                  LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

A new coupe AND a new Z06??? Damn, you're lucky. I can barely afford my Trans Am!
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Performin Norman is your real name Paublo Escobar
                      97 SS #C007
                      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
                      X