Possible 12 sec car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible 12 sec car?

My current 1994 camaro z28 runs a consistent 13.6XX at around 102-104 MPH. I am planing on this winter adding a transgo shift kit, LCA and relocation brackets. bolt in subframe connectors, motive 3.73 gears, and slicks on top of the mods i already have listed. With these additions does anyone know if it will put this car in the high 12's or if not how much of a diffrence i should see?
    1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
    1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Originally posted by scotts94_z28
    My current 1994 camaro z28 runs a consistent 13.6XX at around 102-104 MPH. I am planing on this winter adding a transgo shift kit, LCA and relocation brackets. bolt in subframe connectors, motive 3.73 gears, and slicks on top of the mods i already have listed. With these additions does anyone know if it will put this car in the high 12's or if not how much of a diffrence i should see?
    If you go with a 2800 or bigger stall, yes 12's should be within reach. You could even go with a 3400-4000 if you wanted to assuming this car is street driven.

Comment

anyone have an idea what it will run with the mods listed and already done?
      1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
      1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

anyone have an idea what it will run with the mods listed and already done?
        What kind of short times were you getting before? Considering a good 60 footer and the engine is running properly, you should be good for bottom 13's maybe even a 12.

Any reason why you kept the stock converter?

Comment

On an auto, isn't the converter kinda like "God's mod"?
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            On an auto, isn't the converter kinda like "God's mod"?
            Would that make his car a "holy roller".

Comment

and slicks on top of the mods i already have listed.
              With slicks dont you need a bigger rear end . Like a 12 bolt or something. I dont even think we can run ET Streets on our rears according to Tom at LS1Speed Inc.
              Tom
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                If you go with a 2800 or bigger stall, yes 12's should be within reach. You could even go with a 3400-4000 if you wanted to assuming this car is street driven.
                How are these converters around the street? Will they allow the car to roll from a dead stop?
                1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                  How are these converters around the street? Will they allow the car to roll from a dead stop?
                  I drove my 97 TA to work every day with a Vigilante 3600 locked for about a year with no problems. It is a little mushy down low in the RPM's but when you put your foot in it, hold on to the steering wheel.

You can go with a pretty big stall on the street, just make sure it is a locking converter.

I'm really not sure what you mean will they "allow the car to roll"? If you have never driven a car with a stall before, it is kinda like the tranny is slipping but once the car gets rolling that "slipping" feeling starts to fade. Kinda hard to describe.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                    I drove my 97 TA to work every day with a Vigilante 3600 locked for about a year with no problems. It is a little mushy down low in the RPM's but when you put your foot in it, hold on to the steering wheel.

You can go with a pretty big stall on the street, just make sure it is a locking converter.

I'm really not sure what you mean will they "allow the car to roll"? If you have never driven a car with a stall before, it is kinda like the tranny is slipping but once the car gets rolling that "slipping" feeling starts to fade. Kinda hard to describe.

What I mean is, if youre at a stop light, and you let go of the brake, the car will begin to roll forward. Will a high stall converter do the same? Furthermore, dont lock up style converters lock-up only when youre on the highway?
                    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

When I put my car into drive from a dead stop on a straight flat road the car will drive itself(roll) at around 15-20 mph. That sounds kinda weird. And when i take my foot of the brake from a dead stop it will drive lol. I don't have any major mods done, I just think its a "Factory Freak" with a whole mess load of torque. I was thinking about getting a stall, Im sure that would make things alot worse lol.
                      -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Here is a pretty good explanation:

http://www.dynamicmanufacturing.com/torque101ep2.html

With about a 2800 or higher stall, no your car will not "roll" all by itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X