Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First trip to the track since all my work.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Injuneer
    Its also very easy to get any air that does enter out of the bottle,
    So, if there is air in the bottle at this point (which im pretty sure there is) what is the best way to get it out. As I think about it, I would say heat the bottle and then open the valve and let it run until the contents are released. But, ive never gotten air in the bottle before.....

Let me know, as I would like to go and get it filled today, and I would like to get a fill that I can rely on if I go to the track next friday.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      I've given up on commenting on most of your posts, since your main intent seems to be to argue.

Its very easy to keep air out of a ring-seal vacuum pump if the pump is properly maintained, and proper transfer procedures are followed. I fill my own bottles, at Second Street Speed, using the same equipment they use to fill the bottles for their Pro 5.0 car. Its also very easy to get any air that does enter out of the bottle, but I'm sure that with your in-depth knowledge you are aware that fact. I've got 40 years of engineering experience in the design, fabrication and operation of liquid and gas handling systems, but I'm sure you'll find something negative in that .

You've won Kevin... I just back off in respect to your superior knowledge.
      Wow, bad day at work Fred. Your 40 years of experience was exactly what I was referring to when I said and I quote "I am kinda surprised that Fred didn't comment on this." It is beyond me how that comment could have been taken in an argumentative way? My posts are always with the intent to help others and provide people with helpful info.

Comment

Working...
      X