No announcement yet.

LT5 Trans Am

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea i didnt know anything about the lt5 so i just put it out there to see what u guys would say. my buddy just got a supercharer so i got to think of somehting to keep up with him. Maybe a gsxr-750 will take him.
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
      my buddy just got a supercharer so i got to think of somehting to keep up with him. Maybe a gsxr-750 will take him.
      Not a problem with a gixxer

I just had mine out today, and, after owning it since '97, I'm still afeared of it.

My TA is fast, my gixxer is SCARY fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
        Not a problem with a gixxer

I just had mine out today, and, after owning it since '97, I'm still afeared of it.

My TA is fast, my gixxer is SCARY fast.
        What size engine? Is it alot faster than your bird? HAve you ever had your gsxr to the track?

The reason I ask is that my buddy has a '04 Suzuki (whatever model crotchrocket) with a 600. I was sure that he would destroy me, but I kept up with him pretty well from a highway roll. We both hit it and he pulled on me so that his rear tire was at my front fender, but then I hung right with him as soon as my rpms came up.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Well i think that 600 bikes run like high 10's low 11's. My buddy with a R1 said his bike would do low 10's mid 9's so im just taking a wild guess. I cant wait to see the look on my moms face when i pull up in on a bike in March or April when i get the $$$.
          tom
          1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

i just ordered a 2005 GSXR 1000. i had a 600, but now its time for an insane bike BWAHAHAHAHA
            2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
            1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
            past rides:
            1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
            2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
            1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
            2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
            2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
            1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
            1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
            1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

the 04 suziki gxr 1000, and 04 yamaha r1 both run in the 9s from the factory. who doesnt want one?! I know i do!
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                What size engine? Is it alot faster than your bird? HAve you ever had your gsxr to the track?

The reason I ask is that my buddy has a '04 Suzuki (whatever model crotchrocket) with a 600. I was sure that he would destroy me, but I kept up with him pretty well from a highway roll. We both hit it and he pulled on me so that his rear tire was at my front fender, but then I hung right with him as soon as my rpms came up.
                If you catch one with the revs down, you can get a jump on him because they make power in the 9,000-12,000 rpm range and don't feel that peppy at 6,000 highway cruising in 6th gear.

Mine is a 97 750. It is listed as 10.54 in the 1/4, but I've never tried it myself - you get like 6 runs before the clutch goes away. The power-to-cu. in. ratio on the bike is about 2.4 or so. It's 117 hp for 45 cu. in. and weighs 400 lbs. That bike can do a power wheelie going 100 in second gear, but the newer bikes are FASTER...

I can tell you that I had that bike on Road America and had it up to a buck-60 on the .8 mi. main straightaway out of turn 14 and I had more throttle. I almost didn't make turn 1 because a bunch of us were drafting eachother and there was a little piece of paper floating in the bubble (also going 160), and it was fascinating to watch. I almost ploughed into the pea gravel right there. We did lose some girl off the back of the pack who was not used to going that fast in the draft and was just getting sucked along.

Comment

if u really want insane power..get a turbo'ed Hayabusa they make upwards of 450HP with those beasts lol

talk about insane i think they can pop the front wheel up after they are going 100mph =)

when i was seriously looking at bikes i almost bought a busa untill i test drove it..waaay waaay to much bike for an idiot like me..atleased right now lol i settled on a CBR-600

Comment

Working...
                  X