Help pulling down a T-56

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pulling down a T-56

Does anyone here know the best way to pull a 6-spd out of a 2001 camaro?!?!.... the tranny is already droped but i cant get the hydraulic clutch line off the transmission, i tried getting the bell housing off but its almost impossible since the bolts go from the housing into the tranny, but ive gotten all of the bolts off except 1 that sits behind the clutch line and i cant get a rachet in their and i tried a wrench but at the angle it goes in it doesnt grab the bolt enough and its rounding the bolt and help would be greatly appriciated
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Can you post a pic of what your talking about.....Ive dropped many T56's and im having a hard time picturing what your talking about. I think that is why you have so few replies.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

The LS1 has the slave cylinder bolted to the front of the tranny housing. It's a "pusher" design, unlike the LT1's "pullback" setup. There is no fork, the slave cylinder pushes directly on the T/O bearing. I think you need to disconnect the hydraulic line from the slave cylinder. The LS1 hydraulics also include a "bleeder" valve on the slave cylinder. I helped a buddy pull the T56 out of his 99 SS, and I know we took the hydraulic line off, but I also know he was installing the McLeod adjustable master at the same time, so I might have the process confused a little.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I got it out, took a while but i figured it out its kinda hard to see things when ur under a car with just so much room 2 work but thanks anyways u guys, my 1967 carb ls-1 camaro should be done soon... hehe
        1967 Camaro "Project"
        1972 Chevelle "454"
        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
        X