Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well college was all good til now. (long post)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well college was all good til now. (long post)

OK let me first explain the two parking lots the freshmen get to use at McNeese State. First one is a shell parking lot near the campus. This parking lot is always busy/full since everyone wants to park there and it is very crowded. The 2nd one is a parking lot near the football stadium. This parking lot is very big and roomy. Only problem is that the parking lot is far away from the campus and you have to cross two 5 lane roads to get there. Well, on MWF I park at the stadium and on Tuesday and Thursday I park at the softball field. Well, today (Wednesday) I was getting out of my car and I noticed something on my passenger side door. Now my car is very dirty but still a dark dirt line just didn't seem right. I tried to wipe it off and then I saw it was really a key line! Some fag keyed my car from the very front of the door all the way back through to the rear quarter.

I will NO longer park at the softball field and just have to make my fatazz walk the extra distance. My day was going perfect too until I noticed this crap. I'm kind of nervous cause I will be getting my car repainted (was going have this done anyway) in the fall/winter and I'm very worried about this happening with a new paint job. I'm repainting the car a white pearlescent and black pearlescent with black LT1 hockey stripes. All top of that the car will also be layered with some purple flakes. Since the paint job will stand out I'm kinda of worried, I'm just going to have to park out in the middle of no where at the stadium and cover my car every day. Plus I will take out comprensive on my car just in case anything happens. This will cost more money and take up some decent amount of time (having to cover the car every day) but if that is what I have to do to protect my car then so be it. Now it is time for a rant....

[rant]

I'm sick and f****** tired of seeing crap happening to my car and my friend's rides. Stuff stolen, vehicles keyed, dings, and just random crap. If your jealous of someone's ride then tough sh!t! Get off of your food stamp loving azz and get to work and get your own ride instead of being a bitter jealous POS. If you don't like the owner of the vehicle then grow some balls and confront the owner instead of messing with a defensive less vehicle. Basically what I'm saying is that every thief or punk who does random acts of violence should die a very slow and painful death. If I EVER see somebody messing with my ride or a friend's ride I will beat them within an inch of their life. I would step on their hand and pull their fingers back and break them off one by one and laugh as they scream like the little pathetic piles of filth that they are. I never thought I could literally hate someone but people that do crap like this I just hate and wish they would suffer the most painful kind of death possible. I would love if it wasn't illegal to use lethal force for people messing with personal property. That would really give someone a reason to carry a firearm.

[/rant]
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

What'd you expect? It's public parking.

We've all been there. We feel for you.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Covering your car while it is in a public parking lot will only draw even more attention to it. People will be even more jelouse and kick it and dump soda on it for the sun to bake on. Thay will scratch it through to cover, and cut the cover in the process.

You cant win, man. The only solution is to park in a secured area, or drive a different car to school. When I was in highschool I parked my Iroc in an elderly ladys driveway two blocks down the street. Now, when I'm at work I park in a secure underground coded access ramp.

Public parking sucks. It is way too risky.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

someone keyed my hooptie (91 sidekick) nothing is safe

my friend got sideswiped in his new 350z the guy ran..so they got it fixed the entire right side had to be replaced..he went to a club 2 days after he got it back and someone keyed the entire right side of the car

a friends denali had the running boards smashed off of it..and my ex GFs lade had holes punched in it...i know it sucks but theres nothing u can do

u can either fix it..or sell the car and get a pos

personaly what i will be doing is i will continue to drive the 91 sidekick as my daily driver untill the wheels fall off that way my nice car has limited exposure to idiots

sorry it had to happen dude..but it wont be the last time

Comment

This is why many of us drive a POS for a daily driver, keeping the beloved f-body for days when we won't leave it parked in a parking lot. I actually enjoy having enough dings in a car that if someone else hits it, you won't really notice.

Comment

My freshman year my Jeep (daily driver POS) got hit and they ran. Luckely the guy felt bad and went to the school attorney and I got cut a check for 1500 dollars, which of course I didn't use to fix my pos since the damage didn't affect the drive.

My Sophomore year I lived off campus and someone backed into my T/A and ran (still a somewhat big scratch on rear quarter panel), I was raging.

The moral is that it happens, it sucks, its hard to prevent... especially in college. All we can hope for is that Karma will catch up to this idiots, but I feel for ya.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Yes most of us have been there. It isn't good to have been there, I have been there. When I lived in the other barracks, I parked in front of the cq(charge of quarters) office. This is also the main office to the barracks. It goes building, 2 lane road (traffic of people that live there), small hill with stairs approx 6 ft in height, then parking lot. Well I parked closest to the building, thinking the car would be safest right out front under a light. Usually one of the cq runners is outside talking on a cell phone, or people are hanging out in the front of the building. Owning such a car, everyone knows it is mine. Well it was hit by either a car or a bat, body shop said bat, and not a month later it was a hit and run. Each time, no one noticed the loud bang that would have came from impact, or the car alarm going off. I called the police both times, got a report they listed it as hit and run. Each time, opposite sides of rear quarter panels were damaged. So Ft Bragg only covers theft/vandalism, not hit and runs. This means I spent about 2 thousand on fixing my camaro that was parked in a supposed "safe" parking lot.

Then a month or so after that, i'm sitting at the bank and it gets hit smack center in the back of it. I was inside the bank, had to chase the vehicle down to the intersection he was sitting at and he didnt notice he did it. Only reason i knew it happened, i heard over the drive through teller a lady scream "some one hit that red car and drove off". Well their insurance paid for it.

Then, yes there's more, i was at autozone about to pull out of the lot, guy ina truck in front of me, starts pulling out into traffic, then i crept forward a little bit, then they guy decides to slam it in reverse to get out of the way of traffic and slams into the front of the camaro. He paid out of pocket.

I have bad luck.

Now the camaro is usually parked at a friends house and I drive my 00 s-10 extreme as a daily. Going to sell the truck soon though and get something else.
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Joe's right. Having a POS that is already beat up makes you not worry one bit what happens to it. Sometimes I wish someone hit it to put it out of its misery. I'm lucky though. The days I drive my WS6 to work, I get to park in one of the most secure parking lots in the country. Nothing like an island with one way in and out and twenty five rifle toting guards to keep the @ssh8les away! It's even better that I get to carry the rifle!
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  This is why many of us drive a POS for a daily driver, keeping the beloved f-body for days when we won't leave it parked in a parking lot. I actually enjoy having enough dings in a car that if someone else hits it, you won't really notice.
                  Yeah, I'm with Joe. I've had a number of beautiful, showroom cars and I stressed about every little nick and dent. I finally gave up on it and went for power over looks. A car is more fun if you aren't always worried about what might happen next.

Beat the he|| out of it and have fun! Scratches show character.

96 TA Sold!
                  87 TA Sold!
                  80 Z28 Sold!
                  74 Formula Sold!
                  73 Z28 Sold!
                  69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Buying a beater is not an option because of the fact my family is stuck with a 3 car drive way (no parking on the grass). I'm still pissed about it and will probably be in a sour mood tomorrow as well. I have very bad rage issues and when I get pissed it takes a while to cool down. I actually stayed away from people I knew today cause when I'm on edge I have a nasty tendency to get real mean real quick for little things. Not something I'm proud of but when all I have our faults when it comes to personalty.

You see the softball parking field is located by, how could I put this, a neighborhood that is a far from middle class quality. I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm going to just park at the stadium for now on like I said but this weekend I'm washing my car and polishing the rims. In a sense I'm going to try to make the car look as good as possible. I'm going to hold off any chance of repainting my car until the winter of 05 and at that time I will decide whether to have it painted or not. This way I'm going to have chance to see if anything else happens to my ride at the stadium parking lot. I have noticed a lot of custom vehicles that only go to the stadium lot so maybe it is safer. I'm also consdiering moving to the dorms anyway so I can be right at school and in downtown Lake Charles. Making the 15 minute drive everyday to school gets old really fast and a vehicle is safer in dorm parking rather than say in the middle of a parking lot anyway.
                    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

15 minuet drive to school gets old..lol i drive 25-45 minuets 6 days a week to goto work..damn i feel gipped =)

i think maybe if u polish it up real nice it will help to keep the more honest people honest...i have noticed that ex GFs lade all polished up acctually made people grab the back off there doors so as not to hit the car with the metal or their door..and no they didnt see my watching they did it all on there own

but seriously dude..this really isnt anything to get balistic over ( i to have a rage issue so i know where ur coming from)..but in time ull figure out that thats just what happens..boards fly off trucks into the hood of the car deer jump across the road imbeding themselfs in the 671 sticking through the hood..its just what happens

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                        Covering your car while it is in a public parking lot will only draw even more attention to it. People will be even more jelouse and kick it and dump soda on it for the sun to bake on. Thay will scratch it through to cover, and cut the cover in the process.
                        Sounds to me like you've done this before, so Im definetly taking your word for it! j/k! Would a water-proof cover protect from soda?
                        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                          Sounds to me like you've done this before, so Im definetly taking your word for it! j/k! Would a water-proof cover protect from soda?
                          it would protect it..but then ud have to do something with that sticky mess untill u could get it home to clean it off

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                            There is a car that sits under our builing at work with a cover on it. There are normally no vandalism problems there, but the cover on that car has had crap dumped on it more times than I can remember. All the cover does is draw attention to the car, which is not good. It is indoors, the owner would had been much better off just leaving the cover off.

I's assume a water proof cover would be soda-proof. BUT, the cover would still get wrecked and good waterproof covers arent cheap either.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:
                            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

that's some bull bro. I hate driving the z28 to my school, I know how kids are. Same idiots that did it in HS carry it over to college. Too bad you can't have something nice. Some people just don't like when they see their peers better off then they are. Probably drove a civic or something man. Nothing is sacred anymore

That reminds me, I need to start busting ace on my conquest so I can drive that. Plus, the 4 banger get's TWICE the gas as the 5.7.
                              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                              X