Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe it, yet another hurricane.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes me wonder what would happen if an H-bomb were detonated in the eye of a hurricane though. I wonder if that could disrupt the low pressure zone enough to disorganize the storm. Interesting theory........but a rather dangerous experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      It makes me wonder what would happen if an H-bomb were detonated in the eye of a hurricane though. I wonder if that could disrupt the low pressure zone enough to disorganize the storm. Interesting theory........but a rather dangerous experiment.
      I've thought the same thing.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Just spread radiation around

This storm is dissipating the energy of about 10,000 nuclear weapons at a time. One more isn't going to make much difference. Besides, heat is what fuels these monsters!

We are just beginning to understand how they work. Until we do that, there is little that we can do to change things. Just remember, they perform a vital service - helping get rid of excessive heat from the Earth.

Tom

Comment

there was just an article on CNN.com the other day on theories people have come up with to rid us of hurricanes. Nuclear weapons was one of them. It was generally agreed that it won't work. People tend to underestimate the size and power of these storms, often they cover several hundred square miles. A nuclear blast may disrupt it for a time, but likely would have little overall effect. And if it did fail, would you want a radioactive hurricane bearing down on you? Nuclear weapons are far worse than a hurricane.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
          X