Having Some Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StolenBIRD
    Thats what iam saying girl, when i got my car, I found 3030300303 problems from the old user, that just didnt take care of his car... I'am getting her back up to shape quick, so it wont be long till she is purring. I also got the v6 and I say they arent so bad, cause its suitiable for everyday things, plus I win almost every race, only lose to the powerful v8's like another firebird has beat me but i knew i wasnt gonna win, i wanted to see him punch it. Most of these people who bash the v6 verison of the firebird has never driven the v6 verison.. BTW - what part of west virginia you from, i used to live in Harpers Ferry
    i'm from charleston west virginia woo yay okies no lol

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

Originally posted by 96TAragtop
      Small world, my best friend moved to Harper's Ferry a few years ago. I didn't think anyone else actually lived there lol j/k Coming from a big city here, I found it surreal that HF was so pseudo remote!

~G
      Harpers Ferry is a place where everyone knows everyone... what was his name?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop '02Z
        Actually Steve alot of people do bash the V6's, no one in this thread has and Stolen never said they did, not sure what you got all offended about. Most who have the 6's have them because they are cheaper from many aspects. It's not like they don't realize they are not as powerful, the six is just the choice for them at the time. I have a friend on here Todd 2000 V6 Camaro, who I met when he first got his. It was a new car instead of a used 8 that someone had beat on, and his ins was less than my '94Z I had then. Seems like everytime someone asks how to make a 6 faster all they get told is to get an 8. It's so easy for everyone to say get a V8, well some can't (at least for now)
        I have alot of respect for you man... when I make 6 bucks an hour, and I try to go through school at the same time... its hard to just drop everything i worked hard for, like my v6, and go buy the same car cause it has a v8 in it, and more features... someone said it wasnt ment for performance but it still one of the fastest stock v6's, and I will alot of street races which i shouldnt be doing.

Comment

I appreciate the respect, I was just trying to help. I know where you are coming from I had 2 jobs for about 6.00 an hour in high school and three when I went to college for not much more than that per hr. I had a '72 MGB all the way through high school, it was what I had and I did with it what I could. It was not the 5.0 GT all the rich kids had, it was mine, and I drove it everywhere and fixed up what I could. It is now restored and I drive it for fun when I want to not because I have to. Point is it cost 1500 dollars to purchase and I loved it the whole time.

It is funny though I still run into people from high school who ask if I am that guy that had that little blue convertible I say yeah they say that was a cool car. I wonder how many of the 5.0's are remembered like that...
          NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
          (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

eh my 1st car was a 91 dodge dynasty it was pimp lol even though some chick told me i drove a grandma's car...eh now she drives an old car and i have the newer car :-D its great when i see her around i just look at her and smile and walk on..i loved my dynasty it got me everywhere just not always back lol its was still my 1st car and i have nothin but love for it

Comment

That is where I am coming from. My first car in HS was an '81 Accord. i.e. POS Then before college I bought an '83 RX-7. I LOVED that car, quick, cornered like it was on rails, but...it had waay toomany miles and started falling apart after about 4 years of driving it. So...when I realized that I could (barely) afford to get a brand new 2000 model Camaro with a monsoon stereo system...I was freakin exstatic! I had never owned a new car before...my parents had never owned a new car before! I had never had a CD player in a car....the other two cars I had rattled like mad when I would hit a bump...and maintaining them probably cost me more than I had paid for them. So a new car, especially a new Camaro...even a 6cyl. was a blessing to me. Would I rather have a firebreathing LS1 under the hood? Absolutely! But I love my car and will probably drive it till it dies. Besides...I can still spank the Mustang equivelant and even take on some of the older (93-97) V8 stangs. V6 or V8, I am a proud F-Bod owner!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

the 3.8s are quick...still faster than most "ricers" out there...200hp isn't anything to complain about...and as far as not being built to perform...you can bump it up a lil bit easily...but if you wanted to soak money into it....you still could....

i give you v6 timeslips(disclaimer:much money went into these though)
                http://timeslips.firebirdv6.com/
                -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

eh sry bout the language sometimes i get carried away...

Comment

I take great pride with my "little" V6 stomping most anything on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      I take great pride with my "little" V6 stomping most anything on the street.
                      Gotta love the GN...never fails to surprise everyone on the street

Speaking of which, I bring mine home this weekend Joe.
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I'am adding a custom rocket engine on the back of my fbird, Iam "guessing" it will add about +350 horses to my v6.. i also 200 shot nos while the rocket is engaged.. these little ricers have no competition..

Comment

I'am adding a custom rocket engine on the back of my fbird, Iam "guessing" it will add about +350 horses to my v6.. i also 200 shot nos while the rocket is engaged.. these little ricers have no competition..
                          ..........heh............grr now its 10 characters long

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fir3bird Chick
                            ..........heh............grr now its 10 characters long
                            What are you talking about you hillbilly.. LOL Just PLAYING

Comment

What are you talking about you hillbilly.. LOL Just PLAYING
                              im notta hillbilly thank you lol and like everytime i wanna make a post of just a one short word its like it must be 10 characters long and blah blah

Comment

Working...
                              X