Wheel and rim question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel and rim question

Hello whats up everyone i am new to this message board...and i think it tight... but i need to know something bout some rims that i want to get...i was wondering if i get 18X9.5 10 spoke ZO6 rims all around with an offset of 53mm with 245 40 r18 what problems might come up would i have to modify my wheel well to put then on i have no idea any thoughts

Im not sure about the offset because you didnt tell us what year the car is, as it makes a difference between 3rd gen and 4th gen,Im guessing 4th, but I am running 18x9.5 rims on my 89 and they fit just fine. No adjustment to the car made. and with 245 40 18 you retain stock tire height so you dont have to change your speedo. They actually fit better on my car with the 18s than the stock 245 50 16s that came with it.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Wheel and tire thingy!!

Oh i am sorry for not posting the year of my car ( DUH ) i have a 94 formula coupe

Comment

That offset will work, and welcome to the board

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Much thanks!!!

Sickly thanks a lot for the help all i have to do now is freakin buy the rims and tires and i will be on my way haha i will post a pic of the install once i figure out how to...

Comment

9.5 inch rim with a 245 tire is too skinny. Generally speaking, a 9 inch rim has 275 series. I have 17X9's and I have 285 40 17. You can go 285 no problem with a 9.5 inch rim.
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
            Traded in: 1998 Z28
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
              9.5 inch rim with a 245 tire is too skinny. Generally speaking, a 9 inch rim has 275 series. I have 17X9's and I have 285 40 17. You can go 285 no problem with a 9.5 inch rim.
              Yup. I'm also running 285's on all 4 corners with 9.5 inch rims.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

What i GOT!!!

Ummm....yeah i ended up getting 17X9.5 wrapped with freakin 275 40 R17's so hopefully that works haha

Comment

Working...
                X