Before and after

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after

We had beautiful weather today so I decided to take her out, give her a nice wash, and post some before and after pics of my A4 to M6 conversion.

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Lookin good... I'm sure there is a thread about your conversion I could look at....but maybe you can just answer these questions one more time. How much did it cost if you don't mind... How long did it take.... and did you do it yourself????

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Looking good Taso.

Have to repeat myself but those blackout's look awesome. I'll probably be "agonizing" the pros and cons about them until next Spring before I buy them.

Rene
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
        Lookin good... I'm sure there is a thread about your conversion I could look at....but maybe you can just answer these questions one more time. How much did it cost if you don't mind... How long did it take.... and did you do it yourself????
        Same questions from me Plus, where did you get the M6 and what is a used 4L60E worth?
        http://encoding.n3.net <--- for all your DVD and audio CD "backup" needs

Comment

Your ride is lookin real fine. It sure shines up good! Zaino huh?
          2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
          buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
          Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Very nice, I want to get a black fourth gen TA one of these days.
            Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

I had the conversion done at a local speed shop down the street from my house. The work took a couple of weeks since they were swamped with other projects.

The conversion kit was $1,750.00 with shipping. The labor was $700.00. If you're going to do the conversion, expect to pay any where around $2,000.00 - $3,000.00 depending on where you get your kit. I got mine at www.lambertsalvage.com

I put my 4L60E on Ebay, but the deal never went thru. If anyone's interested I still have it.

As for Zaino, I've still yet to use it. I never got around to ordering it. I think I'll get it next Spring since Old Man Winter's coming.
              Hercules

Comment

How do you like the M6? She's a differenet beast now! Got'a love it!!!
                Did you go with a stock clutch?? Stage xx??

John
                97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
                02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
                99 Bravada

Comment

Originally posted by Tundrahog
                  Did you go with a stock clutch?? Stage xx??
                  Doh! I knew I left something out! I got the Spec Stage 2 clutch. ($389.00)

And you're right about the beast part, she sure woke up! I never knew my car had so much power with the M6. It's a whole new car to me.

Originally posted by Black97
                  those blackout's look awesome. I'll probably be "agonizing" the pros and cons about them until next Spring before I buy them.

Rene
                  To tell you the truth, Rene, I've had them on for almost a year now and not once have I gotten pulled over for them, and there have been times when cops got right on my ass in broad daylight. But my windows were down, of course, but that's a different story
                  Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    It's a whole new car to me.

makes me wish I had waited for a M6....gerrrr.

nice job...you can't even tell it was a A4....

besides the leather boot looks a heck of a lot better then the plastic block offs in the autos...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                      It's a whole new car to me.
                      I can second that. I had an auto 94 Formula, and now a six speed 96 Z28.. It's a totally different car. So much more fun. I loved the auto, but the six speed is so dam sweet.
                      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

dj taso. how much did it cost you for the conversion?

Comment

Were the new rear gears included in that kit you spoke of? I went to the site you references, but only found 2 T56s -- no kits.
                          http://encoding.n3.net <--- for all your DVD and audio CD "backup" needs

Comment

Originally posted by CLWILSON
                            Very nice, I want to get a black fourth gen TA one of these days.

PM me. Mine is for sale.
                            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by 1997formulaLT1
                              how much did it cost you for the conversion?
                              Well, the kit was $1,750.00, the labor was $700.00, and the clutch was $389.00. $2,839.00. (I also got a new flywheel but I forgot how much it was, I don't have the papers in front of me atm.)

Originally posted by darksky
                              Were the new rear gears included in that kit you spoke of? I went to the site you references, but only found 2 T56s -- no kits.
                              Did you try calling them? I called them and they had one off a '97 T/A.

The trans came complete with everything you needed for the conversion. Pedals, shifter, console piece, master cylinder, etc. The only problem I had in the conversion is my reverse gear, it grinds due to a bad synchro. But I'm not really sweatin' it since it's only reverse and I'll probably get it fixed next Spring.
                              Hercules

Comment

Working...
                              X