No announcement yet.

Before and after

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old truck did that (GMC Sierra sold it a long time ago). I believe it was that way by design; to keep some moron from shifting in the R by mistake. I'll bet if you first place it in any forward gear and then into reverse, you won't grind at all. Let us know
    http://encoding.n3.net <--- for all your DVD and audio CD "backup" needs

Comment

Originally posted by darksky
      I'll bet if you first place it in any forward gear and then into reverse, you won't grind at all. Let us know
      You're absolutely right. I found that out a couple weeks ago trying to back out of a parking spot. Works everytime.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Isnt that because there is no syncro on reverse? I know my 89 will grind going into reverse if you are even moving the slightest bit. Because of no syncro, Im unsure if the t56 has a syncro.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I think that is setup as such intentionally -- a safety "feature" if you will. Odds are if you're crusing along and accidently attempt to shift into R, you'll hear and feel the grind before you let out the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
            Im unsure if the t56 has a syncro.
            http://www.gmpartsdirect.com part # 12523043

Originally posted by darksky
            Odds are if you're crusing along and accidently attempt to shift into R, you'll hear and feel the grind before you let out the clutch.
            Yep, it's happened.
            Hercules

Comment

Nothing looks better than a clean black TA if I do say so myself.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

96 TA Sold!
              87 TA Sold!
              80 Z28 Sold!
              74 Formula Sold!
              73 Z28 Sold!
              69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
                Nothing looks better than a clean black TA if I do say so myself.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

I second that one. Best looking car ever!!
                1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Indeed.
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Gonna have to agree myself
                    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Wurd. Behold... the power of ZAINO!!!

96 T/A - Modded
                      87 Caprice - Stock

Comment

One more nod for the black T/A.....I think it all started with a movie.....
                        2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                        buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                        Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Black is by far the best when its clean, but the worst when it's dirty. Silver and white don't look to bad on a T/A either.
                          Hercules

Comment

I beg to differ, purple f-bodies are the $hizznit!!!

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
                            Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                              I put my 4L60E on Ebay, but the deal never went thru. If anyone's interested I still have it.
                              Do you still have your tranny? If not, how much did you get for it (thinking of adding an M6 to mine).

Comment

Old topic. But, DJ, if you read this... What color is your interior? Is that black? Your console and dash looks the same color as mine. What color seats do you have? Is that a dark charcoal, or is it black? I like the color. I have the gray interior. I'm wondering if it would look cool if I swapped out my carpet, seats, and center console with a dark charcoal gray, and just left my dash in. It's a darker gray itself. (Car is white w/gray interior, and I hate the gray seats and carpet.) If I went with black interior, the dash would look outta place I think....
                                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                                X