07 camero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 camero

do you guys think they will bring back the firebird as well as the camero. no offence ment but i have allways thought the bird was a beter car than the maro
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

gm wise no. sorry but the camaro is all they need. for the pontiac fans, yea itd be great for you but its not happening.
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Pontiac has the GTO. Don't get me started on the styling, etc....but the GM commitment is with the Camaro as I understand it. Should they bring back the Firebird? Absolutely! Will they? No.

I vote for a facelift for the GTO so it doesn't look like the Grand Prix or the Bonneville or the 6000 or the Dodge Neon! How about something that resembles a 2002 WS6 T/A?
      2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
      buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
      Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

You forgot to mention

Cavalier, Cobalt, Grand Am, etc........

I agree, GM needs to do a facelift on the GTO. It looks too plain. And fake, tape on shakers on the hood does not a GTO make.
        1967 Firebird. Needs a lot of work!
        1976 Black Trans Am. 400 bb, auto. 75% restored.
        2001 Black Firebird.
        2005 Legend Lime Mustang GT, SLP Axleback Loudmouths

"Cars are Like Parachutes, if the Main one fails, pull the reserve out "

Comment

I like the GTO, especially the 05's. But i still wish they would bring back the firebird. I love the aggresive looks the T/A's have. But i would be happy with the GTO in LS2 form

Here's a couple of pics of the '05 GTO

http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/Car.php?carnumber=681
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by 76blackbird
            Cavalier, Cobalt, Grand Am, etc........

I agree, GM needs to do a facelift on the GTO. It looks too plain. And fake, tape on shakers on the hood does not a GTO make.
            Yoda???????
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

NOT TO HIJACK...but the rear the new 05 GTO is better...still don't like the front...the hood scoop looks too ***aftermarket*** too ***it don't go with the car*** too ***blah looking***

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                I like the GTO, especially the 05's. But i still wish they would bring back the firebird. I love the aggresive looks the T/A's have. But i would be happy with the GTO in LS2 form
                No offense.....I would be more than happy with the performance of the LS2 if I were looking for a family car, but it looks like everything else on the road. Certainly not the sports car that is hidden under it sheetmetal. I guess this is when you use the pedal on the right to show the go!

Pontiac would sell these cars if the looks were there, IMO. Look at the examples of the PT Cruiser, new Beetle.......Azteck(J/K)
                Look at the examples:
                Car 1
                Car 2
                Car 3
                Of course this is just my opinion....but am I the only one?
                2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Personally

I like the LS2 power plant. It will help the GTO. But that is really all it has going for it.
                  Anyone who wants one of these cars, should wait for the '05.
                  As far as the shakers, you can find them in the Summit catalog for around $50.
                  2001 Black Firebird.

Comment

the firebird must come back

Comment

Chevrolet is or as I understand bring back the Camaro in '07. As far as any other cars, they are getting the Cobalt (As 76blackbird pointed out) , and the new Tornado. I have not seen it, but one of my co-workers said he saw one. The Mini "El Camino." The Cavalier is going to be discontinued. So its going to be interesting to see what Chevy or GM for that matter come up with next. On the topic at hand, The firebird, highly doubt its appearence.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

If the firebird came back, it would be too close to the GTO in performance and price. GM wouldn't let that happen. Camaro was always the better selling of the two vehicles, and now that Pontiac has the GTO, Checvy getting the Camaro is a sure thing.

If the Firebird name ever comes back, don't expect it to be anything like the firebird of old. The only way the Firebird will come back with performance and pricing figures of before would be if Pontiac elevates the GTO to be more of a Corvette fighter, leaving a gap in the affordable performance market on the Pontiac side. I doubt GM would do that because Corvette has always been the flagship.
                        Dave M
                        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I don't fully understand

by Chevy/GM is getting rid of the Cavalier (well, really they are changing the style and calling it a cobalt because the GTO looks like a Cavalier). It was one of their top sellers.
                          The older Cavaliers, you had a hard time killing them. They just would not die, no matter how hard you pushed them.
                          A Camaro in '07, hope it is as good as the '05 Mustang Ford is releasing at the end of the month. I will probably put my order in for one once they are available to do that.
                          2001 Black Firebird.

Comment

J-bodies are junk on an ancient platform that cost way too much to insure.
                            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow
                              07 camero
                              Do you realize what you typed?
                              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                              X