94 Z, no cats, and just ordered a Loudmouth w/in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Z, no cats, and just ordered a Loudmouth w/in

ok so i have a 1994 Z-28 (lt1), and i have had the cat converter taken out and replaced with a piece of pipe. tonight i just ordered an SLP loudmouth exhaust. will i need that $60 dollar install piece? or will i b able to have the exhaust shop whip some thing up?
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

The exhaust "Kit" they sell is just an S pipe I believe. My magnaflow catback came with this piece, it's only for 95 and under F bod's, so I didn't need it.

If you want I can sell you mine a lot cheaper. It's SS and has a two bolt bracket. Look at the pic below... The S shaped pipe is the one I'm talking about. 3" I believe.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

how much? and how fast can you ship it?
      2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
      past rides:
      1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

i thought the loudmouths on the 93-97s, still had the resonator style pipe like mine, and not a traditional muffler?
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
          i thought the loudmouths on the 93-97s, still had the resonator style pipe like mine, and not a traditional muffler?

they do still have the same as yours, he was just posting a pic of his magna flow to show me the extension piece that i may need.
          past rides:
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I'll let you have it for $40 bucks if you want it. I can ship it out Friday as fast as you're willing to pay for. Also, this is SS, I think the one SLP sells is aluminized. Or not? Dunno.

Can't ship it tomorrow, working 7 am - 8 pm.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

You'll need the one from SLP. It is an S pipe along with the needed brackets and such. Do yourself a favor and get the kit. It is well worth it, trust me. After you're done installing, a good idea might be to take it in to an exhaust shop and weld everything up and get rid of the brackets.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

You sure steve? I thought all that came with the kit was the slp S pipe and the two brackets that are already on the car to begin with. The ones that hold up the tail pipes...

If what you see in the picture is what you get in their "kit" then it really isn't worth 70 bucks.

Comment

Yes, because the bracket on the drivers side in the rear on the LS1 (for which the LoudMouth is actually designed for) is very different than ours, while the passenger is very similar. If you're going to get it, which I highly recommend, get it from LMPerformance. Its a little cheaper, esp. if you're getting other stuff at the same time. Its up to you in the end, but it will save you some headache to get the kit.

***Edit***

Also the kit is only for 93-94 and non-CA 95 cars I believe.
                  Steve

Comment

thought he had an lt1?

Comment

He does have an LT1. But the LoudMouth was designed for the LS1. Thus the reason that SLP released the 2 install kits, so that LT1 owners can also use it. Which is why I say to get the install kit.
                      Steve

Comment

the reason i ask is that i do not want a huge S bend in my exhaust if i can avoid it. i dont have a cat to worry about lining up, and dont have to worry about having a cat because where i get my sticker is pretty kool. so i ask again, aside from the rear hangers, wich i am going to make some better ones, DO I REALLY need the S pipe, or can this be done at a shop with out the S pipe? thanks again
                        past rides:
                        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

You would have to have a custom Y-pipe made and, even then, I don't think that is a smart idea. I don't think the undercarraige allows for the room needed to have the Y-pipe line up with the I-pipe. Best thing to do then is just take it to an exhaust shop and have them install it and fab. up a Y-pipe for you with the O2 sensor installed on the driver's side of the Y-pipe. The welding of the LM will probably run you about $50 or so, but the Y-pipe will probably run you around twice that at least. Call around and see what they say. That's about the only way you'll get away with not having to use the S-pipe.
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                            You would have to have a custom Y-pipe made and, even then, I don't think that is a smart idea. I don't think the undercarraige allows for the room needed to have the Y-pipe line up with the I-pipe. Best thing to do then is just take it to an exhaust shop and have them install it and fab. up a Y-pipe for you with the O2 sensor installed on the driver's side of the Y-pipe. The welding of the LM will probably run you about $50 or so, but the Y-pipe will probably run you around twice that at least. Call around and see what they say. That's about the only way you'll get away with not having to use the S-pipe.

in a few weeks i am going to order a set of headers so i may just get this instal piece any way or make something that bolts to the flange on the LM, so that the LM itself doesnt get modified
                            past rides:
                            1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I bought it when I put my LM in and it made putting it in a snap, except that mine was used so there was some fitment problem between the LM pipes. Its worth just getting the kit...no sense in trying to fab up the rear brackets when the ones with the kit just bolt in in a matter of minutes. BTW, which set of tips did you get?
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X