Lots and lots of transmission heat?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots and lots of transmission heat?!

friends got an LS1 Camaro and the transmission is generating a lot of heat and the center consol is just emenating heat and when the windows down and t-tops off and air ciruclation is flowin inside the car its REALLY bad...anyone know what causes this?
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
    friends got an LS1 Camaro and the transmission is generating a lot of heat and the center consol is just emenating heat and when the windows down and t-tops off and air ciruclation is flowin inside the car its REALLY bad...anyone know what causes this?

Check the fluid?
    1996 T/A - BBK headers & throttle body, K&N filter, 1.6:1 Comp Cams Pro Magnums, Warbird hood w/ SLP Ram-Air

Comment

the Lower shift boot is most likely cracked or missing.

Comment

Thanks...I'll have him look into that.
        What kind of problems can occur if he just lets this go.
        -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
        98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
        98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
        94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
          Thanks...I'll have him look into that.
          What kind of problems can occur if he just lets this go.
          He gets hot

No really, I have had the same problem with mine because the boot doesnt fit right - its never bothered me enough to fix it.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
          X