Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, what gives?? Electrical guys, step into my office.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, what gives?? Electrical guys, step into my office.....

Ok, trying to trace down my .080 Amp draw. I have the following disconnected, and just made another check:

Alternator
    Everything at the main distribution block (behind the battery, all the cars cables, NOT the battery cable)
    Starter

Essentially, NOTHING hooked up to the battery. And the draw is STILL there!!!! The main positive cable is hooked up still, and I'm setting the multimeter to Amps, in line with the negative terminal on the battery negative terminal, and with the positive terminal on the negative battery cable.

What the heck could be doing this?
    Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Disregard!!!

Ok, I'm the winner of the dumba** of the day award. The ONE thing I thought it couldn't be, was. My MSD Digital 6. That's my draw. Everything I had seen had shown it hooked up with the positive cable directly to the battery. I pulled that cable with the multimeter hooked up and my draw went from .080 to .000 amps instantaneously.

So, another question. Will the Digital 6 work properly hooked up through a switched source (I.E. plugged into the fuse box like most end up with the electric WP)??
    Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Umm, why in the world are you worried about a .080 amp draw? That's 8 hundredths of an amp, that is not gonna kill your battery, even if you only cranked the car once a week. If it concerns you that much, just get one of those battery saver deals that disconnects the battery cable before current gets too low to crank the vehicle.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
      X