No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone, we made it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear everyone's OK... The material stuff can be replaced...

Good luck...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Glad everyone is ok. Hopefully this will b the last one for a while.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

good to hear you guys made it ok

i bet you're seriously considering a change of location right about now, though.....come to Texas, you'll have a blast...there may be tornadoes here, but the chances of getting hit by one are wayyyyyy less than getting hit by a hurricane in FL.

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
        CAGS Eliminator

Comment

glad to see your post that you are physically unharmed...
          DWS
          Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the thoughts. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of you, the prayers are felt. We're on generator at home, not sure when power will be restored. There was water everywhere. In the walls, in the kitchen cupboards, filling light fixtures, the whole house with the exception of the master bedroom is wet. I spent most of yesterday rebuilding a few portions so that tarps could be put up and there is still about 25% left to cover. The problem is I can't get anyone to remove a large tree off the roof so that I can cover the damage. The rest of the time, I was cooking and boiling water because I was the only person around with a generator and propane cooking stuff. I've got a big turkey fryer that I used to boil 8 gallons at a time. That made a few folks' day. I gotta say, I am one tired puppy. I've had a total of about 6 hours sleep since Saturday and my vision is a bit blurry. It's also hotter than you know where down here without A/C.

On the downside, hurricane clause portions of Florida Homeowner's Insurance really sucks. The deductible is a percentage of the total value of the home. In my case, that's 5%. This one did me in. I will most likely need to have one heck of a garage and car sale. I'll be lucky if I'm driving a $500 pos when all is done. Oh well, there is an old proverb that says: When dealt lemons, make lemonade. So long for now and thanks again for all the kind thoughts. You folks are top notch.

Comment

Glad to hear you made it through alive Joe. It must be tough to have your house damaged or completely lost. It sure must put a big financial strain on everybody.

Glad you have a backup generator for the bare essentials.

On a lighter note, I could be persuaded to buy the Fiske's from you on your yard or garage sale.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Glad you're OK Joe and sorry about all the devastation. Too bad about the GN and the roof - that's a tough one to deal with. I was worried that this last one might have had your name on it just when your luck was running low. Let us know how you're doing and stay in touch!

Comment

Good to hear from you! I will pray for you.

-Sean
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Glad to hear your ok joe! Cars can be replaced, as to where lives cannot. Again glad to hear your ok, and you just need a bigger tarp to cover the tree! Trying to have some humor here, think of it as a luxury house with a tree in the middle, like the real world, but the guy who put the tree in messed up. Good luck n best wishes man.
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                    Traded in: 1998 Z28
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

We now have electricity!

and that foks, means air conditioning. I'm still kinda dazed and exhausted. We had the tree taken off the roof, the guy almost killed himself but that's another story. Also had the huge oaks that were flattened taken out with heavy machinery. It is an adventure for sure. Amazing how the whole landscape has changed. Alot of folks are still without power and the cleanup continues.

Comment

glad to hear you got through it joe

glad to hear you are ok joe and best whishes and all our thoughts from me and my family here in the uk just whish i was closer so i could help in any way . hope you get thing back to normality as soon as possible i just whish my villa was finished in orlando as you would be welcome to stay there once again good luck from russ
                        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                        mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Working...
                        X